Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Lightroom now has an update to bring the same additions that ACR9.1 brought:
http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal ... ID=3485381

by signgrap on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:01 am
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
You'll notice that the de-haze slider and local black and white sliders are only in LR CC as they're not in LR 6.1.
Adobe is doing everything possible to make people buy the CC  :evil:
Dick Ludwig

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:03 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
signgrap wrote:You'll notice that the de-haze slider and local black and white sliders are only in LR CC as they're not in LR 6.1.
Wow, interesting - the split begins!

by signgrap on Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:10 am
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
E.J. Peiker wrote:
signgrap wrote:You'll notice that the de-haze slider and local black and white sliders are only in LR CC as they're not in LR 6.1.
Wow, interesting - the split begins!
What makes it more annoying is that LR 6.0 had very little in the way of new functionality.
The only real benefit over LR 5.7 is the additions of new camera/lens profiles.
Dick Ludwig

by Anthony Medici on Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:34 am
Anthony Medici
Lifetime Member
Member #:00012
There is some sort of face recognition thing in 6.1 (6.0) which I'm not sure does what yet. I haven't used 6.1 enough to see if there are any other differences from 5.7.
Tony

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:53 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Here's a bit about face recognition and how it is used:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/ ... ecognition

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:57 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
And a description of new features:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/help/whats-new.html

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by kenb on Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:27 pm
kenb
Forum Contributor
I downloaded this yesterday. So far I notice that the right click edit in function is not showing my plugins. Even after re-installing the plugins.

by Jeff Colburn on Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:57 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hmmm, I guess I'll wait for 6.2. I heard that 6.0 was missing some of the main advertised features, like increased speed. But if Adobe is going to leave features off of 6 that are in the CC version, then I'll dump Lightroom for one of it's many competitors. I already got rid of Photoshop, and replacing Lightroom would be pretty easy.

If you want to know what I use instead of Photoshop, check out my blog post http://www.thecreativescorner.com/what- ... photoshop/

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

by Neilyb on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:52 am
Neilyb
Forum Contributor
Last night I decided to try the panorama feature in LR. It told me not enough info was available. Yet when I tried the same thing in PS CC it worked. :|

by Jeff Colburn on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:49 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
I just read that Adobe is now only going to update Lightroom once a year, and will not update Lightroom 6. The next update won't be until 2016, and there's no word yet on a Lightroom 7, so Lightroom 6 may be the last non-CC that you can get. Time for me to choose an alternate to Lightroom and say goodbye to Adobe. If they're going to treat non-CC users like second class citizens, I'll find another company to give my money to.

Check out these links:
http://prodesigntools.com/differences-b ... -vs-5.html
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop ... ID=2159997

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

by lelouarn on Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:13 am
lelouarn
Forum Contributor
I tested the HDR panorama option (3 brackets, 2 image positions only, total of 6 images). It worked fine, in two steps:
- First, make individual HDR images
- Then, assemble one HDR panorama
The other way around failed in the HDR stage (first 3 panos at the different exposures, that I tried to merge into one HDR image), producing a cryptic error message.
The final image looks very natural, with very clean shadows (which was my point). I also liked the fact that I could use the usual LR controls to tweak the resulting image.

What I like about the LR way, was the ease of use. I have also AutoPano Giga, but after 10 minutes of googling and fiddling, could not make an HDR pano. I do panos all the time with it, it's the HDR part that for some reason I could not get to work. I am 100% sure APG can do it, it's just that there are a gazillion options, and I didn't click the right one to get what I wanted.

So, perhaps surprisingly, I found the LR pano & HDR option useful, despite having a full blown stitcher at my disposal.

12 posts |