« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Greenguy33 on Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:51 pm
Greenguy33
Forum Contributor
I have a fairly new Manfrotto 055 Magnesium ballhead that won't lock into place. The pan keeps spinning. When I try to turn it clockwise, it won't tighten. When I turn it counterclockwise, it won't come off.
Does anyone know what's wrong?

by ChrisRoss on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:03 am
ChrisRoss
Forum Contributor
If there is a grub screw holding that knob in place it might have come loose and the knob is spinning on the shaft?? If not send it in for warranty.
Chris Ross
Sydney
Australia
http://www.aus-natural.com   Instagram: @ausnaturalimages  Now offering Fine Art printing Services

by Greenguy33 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:52 am
Greenguy33
Forum Contributor
ChrisRoss wrote:If there is a grub screw holding that knob in place it might have come loose and the knob is spinning on the shaft??  If not send it in for warranty.

There is one screw under the base of the head that is tightened. I would have to ship the tripod with the head because it won't come off. :(

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:07 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
There should be a screw that tightens the pan lock knob to the shaft, I believe. It would be under the sticker that says "pan". Check to see if you can see if the shaft that goes into the head is turning when you turn the knob. If it is, the threads are probably stripped on the shaft or inside the head. Here is a diagram of the head. The part you are looking for is the one called "R4190,19" on the upper right of the page.

http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media/mfg ... 1353433775

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

4 posts |