Unforgotten

Posted by Carol Clarke on Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:17 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
Such a great part of our culture, dogs have been man's best friend for centuries.  I was brought up with a variety of dogs and have always loved them.  Since leaving home I have had the pleasure and heartache of owning eleven rescue dogs who have shared my happy and sad times - and caused some of the most happy and sad times.  I know that those of you who have dogs will know just what I mean.  8) 

These two were devoted companions for each other and me, and I combined them in this frame which hangs in our hall, where we can see each other every day.  

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

Posted by:
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:33 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
A poignant remembrance of the times of our lives. Our animal family brings us joy and heartbreak as much as our human companions and family. Nicely done tribute, Carol.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by david fletcher on Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:36 am
david fletcher
Member #:00525
A wonderful heart felt tribute Carol.
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Swissblad on Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:43 am
Swissblad
Forum Contributor
A lovely tribute to your furry friends, Carol - they are such an integral and cherished part of our lives - we would be much the poorer without them.

by Danny Young on Fri Apr 14, 2023 1:59 pm
Danny Young
Forum Contributor
Member #:021857
Rescue dogs, tells me a lot about you and Dave. Wonderful work to have these in your life and yes, I know that sinking feeling well with pets. So a couple of names there M8tess? Also a great way to show these off, very nicely done.

by Carol Clarke on Fri Apr 14, 2023 2:17 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Danny Young wrote: Rescue dogs, tells me a lot about you and Dave. Wonderful work to have these in your life and yes, I know that sinking feeling well with pets. So a couple of names there M8tess? Also a great way to show these off, very nicely done.

OK M8t - the golden male was a cross between a German Shepherd and a Greyhound.  I called him Ra after the Egyptian Sun God, and the little black and white female was a cross between a Terrier and a Border Collie. I named her Isis after the Egyptian Goddess of healing and magic.  I already had them when I met Dave - he took on all three of us.  :)   Since they moved on to their next life we have had three more, all ex-racing Greyhounds.  We still have the third one with us.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:16 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Such a touching, heartfelt tribute, Carol. If only they lived longer....but still, they are such a joy, and you have immortalized them in this rendition. Love it! BTW, my longest-lived dog was a Cairn Terrier, and she died at 17 years old! She was a rescue of sorts, even though purebred.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Eia on Sat Apr 15, 2023 10:08 am
Eia
Forum Contributor
They bring joy to our lives, sometimes more than humans. It’s extra hard when they pass on. Their void is huge. Something about rescue dogs….as if they know they are in a forever home and forever grateful. Sorry for your loss. Hold to good memories and what you gave them….life!
~AnnaMaria~

by Axel Hildebrandt on Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:55 am
Axel Hildebrandt
Member #:00941
Great way to remember your friends, Carol, I like their facial expressions.
Axel Hildebrandt

by John Labrenz on Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:06 am
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
From another dog lover...I know exactly what you mean Carol.
A wonderful tribute that makes me misty eyed for my Collie.

10 posts |