All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:43 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I think I may have discovered a significant shortcoming in Sony’s implementation of Focus Bracketing (focus stacking).  On every other camera system I have ever used that offers this function, it is possible to start the exposure sequence after a time delay to allow the camera to settle down on the tripod but since focus bracketing and self timer are in the same key on the Sony, it is possible to select one or the other and not both.  I had hoped that I was simply missing something but I have been unable to find a way to do this.  It seems insane to have two completely different things like a self timer, and bracketing as an either or (the same goes for exposure bracketing, white balance bracketing, etc).  If a7r5 shooters have found a workaround (other than a cable release) or if I am just missing it, please let me know....

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:01 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Figured it out.  I am not deleting my post since it may help others.  Albert Dros, one of my favorite photographers has an excellent YouTube video that shows how to do it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsRk4Qq ... AlbertDros

There is a general bracketing set-up menu where you can select a self timer for Focus bracket - it is not in the actual focus bracketing settings (which is dumb).  See 7:25 in the video!

2 posts |