Thought this might be of interest.

HERE
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Ron Day on Sat May 08, 2021 6:41 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Thanks, Dave. His work with a DSLR is top-notch.

by Scott Fairbairn on Sun May 09, 2021 9:21 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
I’m not sure I understand the issues he described. In total darkness you can’t see anything with a dslr and I find in low light I can see better with mirrorless because you’re looking at an evf. On Sony, you can activate a “boost” to the evf that will make the Milky Way visible as well.
The part about batteries I agree with, as long as those displays are on , they’re pulling on the batteries. I was out for several hours yesterday and was down to 50% power and had only taken 80 images.

by Des on Sun May 09, 2021 12:12 pm
Des
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:I’m not sure I understand the issues he described. In total darkness you can’t see anything with a dslr and I find in low light I can see better with mirrorless because  you’re looking at an evf. On Sony, you can activate a “boost” to the evf that will make the Milky Way visible as well.
The part about batteries I agree with, as long as those displays are on , they’re pulling on the batteries. I was out for several hours yesterday and was down to 50% power and had only taken 80 images.
Scott, it was mostly 'operator error'. The participants have never worked at night and since I've not used a mirrorless, we were scratching our heads! We had a small source of static light for focusing which worked well for DSLR but not when we used mirrorless with full manual flash. In hindsight we could probably 'see' with the boost function but you'd have to activate on and off whilst with an optical viewfinder, you can just focus at will without changing any settings. I'm now a bit clearer with EVF but I really need to play with a mirrorless to fully understand and possibly come up with a better solution, if there was one.
Regards,

Des

captivatingnature.co.uk

4 posts |