Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by WDCarrier on Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:54 pm
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
Can anyone explain why some of the colors I get on certain images I print on my Canon PRO-100 differ so much from what I see on my monitor.  I regularly calibrate my monitor using a Spyder 5Pro.  I print from Photoshop but this also occurs when printing from Microsoft.  I've gone into all the advanced settings and messed with a few but nothing changes.  Specifically, the tans and light greens come out as darker browns.  I've tried printing very green images (parrots) as a check on the greens and they come out as the monitor depicts them.  Is there a glitch in the images I don't know about?
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]

by mikeojohnson on Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:12 am
mikeojohnson
Lifetime Member
Member #:00374
WDCarrier wrote:Can anyone explain why some of the colors I get on certain images I print on my Canon PRO-100 differ so much from what I see on my monitor.  I regularly calibrate my monitor using a Spyder 5Pro.  I print from Photoshop but this also occurs when printing from Microsoft.  I've gone into all the advanced settings and messed with a few but nothing changes.  Specifically, the tans and light greens come out as darker browns.  I've tried printing very green images (parrots) as a check on the greens and they come out as the monitor depicts them.  Is there a glitch in the images I don't know about?
You also need a profile for the specific printer and paper combination.  Most of the major papers have downloadable profiles for their papers and Canon printers.  After you install the profile you select it when printing.  It tells the printer what the correct color values are and should solve your problem.
mike
"Photography intensifies the experience of life"
http://www.mojphoto.com

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:50 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
In addition to what Mike said, once you have the paper and ink profile selected, you should soft proof the image and make any adjustments to get it back to what you think it should look like after applying the printer/inkset and paper profile. Only then should you send it to the printer. There is lots written about this online. It really is a good investment in time to learn color management through the imaging process including printing.

3 posts |