All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by James W. Milligan on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:17 pm
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
I have an issue loading fine art paper in the manual loading feed in the rear of the printer. I often get a paper error and have to re load several times until it works. I can't seem to find a consistent way to start the feed process. Also,what should the paper thickness settingĀ  be for Hahnemuhle photo rag ultra smooth?

by Royce Howland on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:35 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
James, you may have an issue with the feed intake on the printer. If the rollers aren't gripping properly often the paper will reject. Could be due to a few different causes, even something as simple as a buildup of dust on the rollers. I insert the paper with just a bit of downward pressure and have good success on my 3880's. If yours consistently balk there's probably something not quite right back there.

Re: thickness setting for Hahnemuhle Photo Rag Ultra Smooth, I use 4 or 5. According to the specs, the paper is 0.48mm thick.
Royce Howland

by Richard B. on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:36 pm
Richard B.
Lifetime Member
Member #:01199
I feel your pain! I used to have two or three skewing errors per sheet with the rear loading feed. This worked for me on a 3800. Lightly feed the paper down to the rollers holding the paper near the top. Make sure the side guide is snug but not tight. When you feel that the paper has been engaged, keep light downward pressure on the top edge of the paper until it feeds through. The secret is keeping constant light downward pressure on the top of the sheet. Hardly ever have skewing errors now.

Richard

by James W. Milligan on Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:24 pm
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
Thanks for the tips and the paper settings. All is good at this point.
Jim

4 posts |