Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
by AndersA on Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:16 pm
AndersA
Forum Contributor
I hope this is the place do discuss this issue. I would like a function on Naturescapes, where one could see the latest images and comments, with thumbnails, independent of category, now i think it's too easy to miss some, in categorys one isn't frecuently looking at.

by Greg Downing on Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:03 pm
Greg Downing
Publisher
Member #:00001
I'm not sure I exactly follow as going to a each forum (category) the latest thumbnails are there starting at the top. What else is it that you are looking for?
Greg Downing
Publisher, NatureScapes.Net
[url=http://www.gdphotography.com/]Visit my website for images, workshops and newsletters![/url]

by dbostedo on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:22 pm
dbostedo
Forum Contributor
Anders - Do you mean an "All Images" forum, where it would show ALL of the image thumbnails in order regardless of the category? I personally like that view as well and think it would be a nice addition...
David Bostedo
Vienna, VA, USA

by AndersA on Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:39 pm
AndersA
Forum Contributor
Yes dbostedo exactly. We have a forum in Sweden called Naturfotoforum.se, with that function and i believe everybody uses it, one immediatly see all recent activity on the forum and i think it's a good way to increase commenting.

by Royce Howland on Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:52 pm
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
Anders, the only thing our software supports right now is the "View new posts" link at the top of the main forum index page. This link should show you all topics in all forums with new posts since the last time you visited the site.
Unfortunately it does not show thumbnails for posts with images, otherwise I suppose it would be fairly close to what you are looking for. I will pass this along to be added as an idea for our list of development projects. :)
Royce Howland

by photosbyvito on Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:10 pm
photosbyvito
Forum Contributor
Yeah, that is a feature I miss with the new software. The "View New Posts" link used to show the thumbnails from in the image forums. All in all, it's very simple to just go to each category and see the new thumbs.
[url]http://www.vitoparatore.com[/url]

by AndersA on Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:45 am
AndersA
Forum Contributor
I must admit, i had not seen "view new posts" but with thumbnails, that's what i'm after.

by Royce Howland on Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:54 am
Royce Howland
Forum Contributor
Member #:00460
Yes, unfortunately when we did the forum software upgrade last year, we lost a couple of things. One is that thumbnails no longer appear in several places, including forum search results and the "view new posts" results. Getting this back is on the development list, which will make it easier again to look for image posts.
Royce Howland

8 posts |