Whiffling


Posted by SantaFeJoe on Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:18 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
Image
A male Vermillion Flycatcher at Bosque last Friday. When he left his perch he briefly flew upside down with his head facing the ground. Processed in MIX.
All C&C welcome. Please click on image. Thanks.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

User avatar
Posted by:
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Location: Somewhere Out In The Wilds
Posts: 8616
Joined: 28 Jan 2012

   

by Danny Young on Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:58 am
User avatar
Danny Young
Forum Contributor
Posts: 434
Joined: 22 Mar 2023
Location: New Zealand
Member #:021857
Very nice screen type effect there Joe. I have a very similar shot with a Swallow in the same position, showing the belly side and the head looking down. I'll send you a link to it. Interesting pose it is. Enjoying what you are doing Joe, very nice.
 

by SantaFeJoe on Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:06 am
User avatar
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Posts: 8616
Joined: 28 Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere Out In The Wilds
Danny Young wrote: Very nice screen type effect there Joe. I have a very similar shot with a Swallow in the same position, showing the belly side and the head looking down. I'll send you a link to it. Interesting pose it is. Enjoying what you are doing Joe, very nice.
I had seen this one:

viewtopic.php?t=300600

For some reason, I can't open your message or see anything when I click on your name. There is some quirk in the system. Thanks for your comments.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso
 

by david fletcher on Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:09 am
User avatar
david fletcher
Moderator
Posts: 33958
Joined: 24 Sep 2004
Location: UK
Member #:00525
Lovely effect. Nice done Joe!
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525
 

by Danny Young on Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:47 am
User avatar
Danny Young
Forum Contributor
Posts: 434
Joined: 22 Mar 2023
Location: New Zealand
Member #:021857
SantaFeJoe wrote:
Danny Young wrote: Very nice screen type effect there Joe. I have a very similar shot with a Swallow in the same position, showing the belly side and the head looking down. I'll send you a link to it. Interesting pose it is. Enjoying what you are doing Joe, very nice.
I had seen this one:

viewtopic.php?t=300600

For some reason, I can't open your message or see anything when I click on your name. There is some quirk in the system. Thanks for your comments.

Joe
Aww that's a bit weird Joe. 

This one mate ..........  https://www.birdsinaction.com/Swallows- ... -2jQr6kF/A

Basically very similar position Joe and I've not posted it on NSN.
 

by SantaFeJoe on Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:21 am
User avatar
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Posts: 8616
Joined: 28 Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere Out In The Wilds
Thanks for sending the link, Danny. It's funny what you can capture when the "timing" is right, as you wrote. You never know what's in the "bin".

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso
 

by Carol Clarke on Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:12 pm
User avatar
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Posts: 72834
Joined: 22 Aug 2003
Location: Lincolnshire, UK. In tune with Nature.
Member #:00067
It never ceases to amaze me how acrobatic birds can be in mid air! Nicely done.

Carol.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.


"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067
 

by Axel Hildebrandt on Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:00 pm
User avatar
Axel Hildebrandt
Moderator
Posts: 21750
Joined: 28 Nov 2005
Location: Coopersburg, PA
Member #:00941
Cool pose, I'd love to see this species sometime.
Axel Hildebrandt
 

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:10 pm
User avatar
Cynthia Crawford
Moderator
Posts: 20241
Joined: 10 Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Member #:00733
I always have to turn MY head upside down to comprehend this kind of shot! beautiful bird. Not so sure about the texture on this one. Perhaps use it as a background only-not on the bird?
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb
 

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Apr 14, 2023 7:24 pm
User avatar
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Posts: 8616
Joined: 28 Jan 2012
Location: Somewhere Out In The Wilds
Cynthia Crawford wrote: I always have to turn MY head upside down to comprehend  this kind of shot!  beautiful bird. Not so sure about the texture on this one. Perhaps use it as a background only-not on the bird?
I agree! Most of the texture comes from the fact that it's a shot of the screen on the back of the camera. I've been too lazy/busy to download my images for about 6 months now. Life is getting in my way at the moment. I need to edit about 2 TB of images at the moment. I hope to get started soon so that I'll have clean images to work with and post, especially the Otters. Thanks for your input.

Jor
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso
 

Display posts from previous:  Sort by:  
10 posts | 

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group