« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by rajandesai on Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:17 am
rajandesai
Forum Contributor
Member #:01263
Does anybody have a recommendation for a tool or service that I can use to recover my failed external SSD drive?

I use MacBook Pro. When I connect my SSD to my laptop, I see all my files but I cannot to view any of my sony raw files. I also get error when I try to copy files to different drive.

cp: 01/100MSDCF/_RSD3971.ARW: Input/output error
    cp: 01/100MSDCF/_RSD4978.ARW: Input/output error
    cp: 01/100MSDCF/_RSD3965.ARW: Input/output error

Hope I can recover my files.

Rajan

by Mark L on Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:01 am
Mark L
Forum Contributor
I would start by contacting the manufacturer of the external drive. Try connecting the drive to a different computer and try using a different cable.
There are data recovery services/companies that will try to recover your files but I have no experience with any and have heard that it can get quite expensive.

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:49 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
rajandesai wrote:Does anybody have a recommendation for a tool or service that I can use to recover my failed external SSD drive?

I use MacBook Pro. When I connect my SSD to my laptop, I see all my files but I cannot to view any of my sony raw files. I also get error when I try to copy files to different drive.

cp: 01/100MSDCF/_RSD3971.ARW: Input/output error
    cp: 01/100MSDCF/_RSD4978.ARW: Input/output error
    cp: 01/100MSDCF/_RSD3965.ARW: Input/output error

Hope I can recover my files.

Rajan
See the recommendations by Mark L...

Do you not have a backup strategy making it easy to recover the files?  If not, once you resolve this issue, please don't do anything else until you get a proper backup strategy in place. 

3 posts |