Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by 06Honda on Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:14 am
06Honda
Forum Contributor
I currently shoot mainly with a D7500 and have a D7200 for backup. See image of my current memory card being used in both. Recently on a couple of occassions I got a brief error with the card using my D7500 "couldn't read the card", I turned off the camera,removed the card and started backup again no issues for a couple of days. Happened again, but since then no issues. Basically is it time to replace my two current cards, if so I am looking to buy the best card that would work well in both bodies. With the FPS being a fair bit higher in the D7500 than the D7200 is there card that would work better when shooting either. I was planning on buying at least 2 new ones with my upcoming trip to Newfoundland. Thanks for any info.

* Maybe my current cards are good enough and I just need to buy the same but new ones. I have had these for a few years now.

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:57 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Probably time to update. I’d go for a faster card. There are many available and they are cheap. This is one example:

https://www.adorama.com/idssdepv256.html

Even the 512 GB costs less than $100.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by bradmangas on Fri Jun 24, 2022 3:44 pm
bradmangas
Forum Contributor
Everyone has their personal preferences. I have always had good luck with Sandisk cards. For my Nikon D850's I stick with 64gb. I don't like depending on a single card for much more than that can store. Also if you are only doing stills (non-video) you don't need to go over 95mb's. Your camera will not write any faster than that so faster more expensive cards are just a waist of money.

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:45 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
bradmangas wrote:......... Also if you are only doing stills (non-video) you don't need to go over 95mb's. Your camera will not write any faster than that so faster more expensive cards are just a waist of money.
One reason to go for the faster cards is to be prepared for an update in cameras. At the current prices, it's cheap enough and with each new model the write speeds improve.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

4 posts |