« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:18 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
https://news.yahoo.com/yellowstone-entr ... 45288.html

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Brian Stirling on Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:26 pm
Brian Stirling
Lifetime Member
Member #:00446
From what I've seen so far I think the northern part of the park is going to be closed for a while with the northeast area probably not opening at all this year. It looks like Soda Butte Creek has washed out the road in many places as well as some bridges so I don't expect that to be fixed this year. The northwest looks like it will be closed for a few weeks until the route between Livingston and Gardner is reopened. Quite a mess.

Brian

by Brian Stirling on Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:42 pm
Brian Stirling
Lifetime Member
Member #:00446
It looks like the south end of the park is set to reopen next week, maybe Monday, but the north end including Mammoth Hot Springs and east to Lamar Valley will likely remain closed for the season. The first video of this looked like the road washouts were along Soda Butte Creek, but it might have been between Gardner and Mammoth Hot Springs and if so then perhaps the NE entrance at Silver Gate might open sometime this year. Other reports, OTH, seem to imply Soda Butte Creek did cause road washouts so we may have to wait for a more detailed review by the park.

Brian

3 posts |