« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Porsche917 on Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:00 pm
Porsche917
Lifetime Member
Member #:01310
Good Day:

I have an Epson SureColor P5000 printer that will not allow me to print images from my Apple computer using Lightroom CC or Photoshop CC.  The printer itself works, as I can print out a nozzle check.  But there is an obvious conflict between Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC on one hand and the printer's software on the other.  When I try to print an image from computer using cut sheets, the LCD screen on the printer tells me that I am out of paper and to load roll paper.  Although the SureColor P5000 can use roll paper (as previous Epson Stylus Pro 4800 and 4880 units did), I typically use cut sheets, not roll paper.   Please note that the OS on my Apple computer is up to date (Catalina 15.12.2), as is my Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC software.  

Does anyone have any things about what, if anything I can do to solve this problem?  Any help that you can provide will be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Roman  :D

by goldingd on Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:51 pm
goldingd
Forum Contributor
1. See if new drivers for the printer exist.

by goldingd on Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:55 pm
goldingd
Forum Contributor
2. Remember that for an Epson printer, at least two, probably three print drivers will be available. One for AirPrint, one for over ethernet, one for directly connected (USB, Etc), might be a separate one for WiFi, not Airport.

These drivers are not equal, Some may have less options, less capabilities. Might not include changing stock, might not include all paper sizes, etc.

You would see them as different printers

by Porsche917 on Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:17 pm
Porsche917
Lifetime Member
Member #:01310
Good Evening:

The answer is that when identifying the paper size of sheets you are using one must be very specific. In my instance, I was trying to make test prints on U.S. letter size paper. But one must specify “ U.S. letter sheet,” not just “U.S. letter.” With this adjustment having been made, the SureColor P5000 works like a charm.

Best Regards,

Roman :-)

4 posts |