All times are UTC - 5 hours

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 1 post | 
by javierwp on Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:21 pm
javierwp
Forum Contributor
Ecuador Photo Workshops
I am leading several photo workshops to beautiful Ecuador this fall and winter.  I hope you will consider joining me in photographing many beautiful birds.  I especially enjoy helping photographers photograph hummingbirds, including multi-flash photography, macro and portrait photography of these amazing birds.  Here I am listing the workshops that I am leading.  Ecuador Photo Workshops.  I constructed the excellent blinds at Sachatamia Lodge and am intimately familiar with Ecuador's bird photography locations.  I also enjoy working with reptiles and amphibians and helping photographers photograph them. 

October 19-29, 2021 East Slope of Andes
This workshop focuses on the birds of the East slope of the Andes.  There is a lot of multi-flash hummingbird photography on this workshop.  We stay at Guango, Rio Quijose and Wild Sumaco Lodges. We will photograph many other great birds including hopefully Sunbittern, Torrent Duck and Antpittas. The cost is $4,595 per photographer. 
October 29-November 2, 2021  Amazon Extension
On this extension we stay at Sani Lodge and visit the incredible Amazon ecosystem.  We photograph from boats on an oxbow lake, towers and hides.  Some highlights include Hoatzin, Wire-tailed Manakin and the large parrot, parakeet and macaw congregations at the Napo Claylicks.  The cost is $2,595 per photographer.
November 2-12, 2021 West Slope of Andes
This workshops includes multi-flash photography of Sword-billed Hummingbird, Booted Rackettail, Violet-tailed Slyph and many other hummingbirds.  We also visit reflecting pools to take amazing images of Plate-billed Mountain Toucan and tanagers, photograph antpittas, trogons, and many other great birds. The cost is $4,595 per photographer.
January 15-27, 2022 Ecuador Birds and Herps
On this workshop we will photograph the amazing birds of the west slope of Ecuador including many of the species listed for November 2-12 and we will also photograph many species of reptiles and amphibians including the amazing Pinocchio Lizard and Poison Dart Frogs.  The cost is $5,700 per photographer.  For more info see Ecuador Birds and Herps
January 27-February 1, 2022  Amazon Extension
On this extension we stay at Sani Lodge and visit the incredible Amazon ecosystem.  We photograph from boats on an oxbow lake, towers and hides.  Some highlights include Hoatzin, Wire-tailed Manakin and the large parrot, parakeet and macaw congregations at the Napo Claylicks.  The cost is $2,595 per photographer.
February 1-15, 2022 South Ecuador
On this workshop we photograph the rare and beautiful birds of Southern Ecuador including the recently discovered Blue-throated Hillstar, Jocotoco Antpitta, El Oro Parakeet and Spangled Coquette.  We will do multi-flash photography and photograph at fruit feeders on this workshop.  The cost is $6,500 per photographer.  For more info see Southern Ecuador Birds

1 post |