In 2017 we will host another spectacular Iceland tour again:

Iceland Winter Wilderness

Date: 1 - 10 March 2017 (10 days)

Tour leaders: Marsel van Oosten and Daniella Sibbing
Fee: Not yet known*
Genre: landscape
Group size: min. 8, max. 12 participants
Level: all experience levels

*) The Iceland tour schedule is under revision for 2017. We were the first company to offer both the South and the North coast on the same winter trip by using a chartered plane. We will still do this, but we are always trying to do things differently, and we are currently working on including some off the beaten track locations that can only be reached by superjeep. Some of the waterfalls closer to Reykjavik will be offered as an extension to this tour.

Waterfalls, glaciers and Northern Lights

Iceland is a country of boiling mud pools, spurting geysers, vast glaciers and countless waterfalls. Its breathtaking landscape is even more spectacular in winter. Snow accentuates the black lava fields, and in the evening we may marvel at the dancing lights of the aurora in the night sky. We will photograph magnificent waterfalls, vast glaciers and seascapes, and along the way pass lava fields, craters, volcanoes, and fields of volcanic ash. One of the highlights is Jökulsárlón, the largest glacial lagoon in Iceland with floating icebergs and surreal ice-covered black beaches. This tour offers you more photography and less driving; a chartered plane will fly us to the North for some of Iceland’s most scenic landscapes.

>TOUR IMPRESSION VIDEO CLIP<

Spouses and non-photographing travel companions will also enjoy this amazing trip!

This trip is suitable for photographers of all experience levels. There will be daily briefings, in the field instructions, raw processing tips, and image reviews in the evenings. You'll return with spectacular images!

Check out the Iceland Winter Wilderness photo tour page for more information.

Why should you choose Squiver?

Because we do things differently. In this case: most tours do not combine the South and South-East with the North, because of the distance, and because snow and ice can make the roads up there difficult to drive on. The North is spectacular, but driving there means spending a lot of valuable photography time spent on the road instead of in the field, shooting. We are the only company that charters a private airplane for our group to fly us to the North, maximizing our time behind the camera during these 10 days in Iceland!  

That's it? No, we are very proud to have a return customer rate of over 75% - people that have travelled with us, often travel with us again, and again. Surely that must mean something.

Our trips attract photographers from all over the world. The language we speak on all tours is English. If you can't speak English, we can also speak Spanish, French, German and Dutch.

About Marsel van Oosten:

I am a professional nature photographer from The Netherlands. My images are most known for their composition, clarity, and graphic use of shapes. In my work I try to simplify, to get rid of the extraneous: Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

In addition to winning the Grand Title International Nature Photographer of the Year in the prestigious International Photography Awards (IPA) two years in a row, my awards include 3 First Prizes in previous editions of the IPA, First Prize in the European Wildlife Photographer of the Year, First Prize in Nature's Best International Photography Awards, 3 First Prizes in the Travel Photographer of the Year competition, First Prize in the Wildlife Photographer of the Year Awards, and I recently won the overall title Travel Photographer Of The Year 2015. My photographs are featured in galleries and museums, are used in advertising and design worldwide, and I am a regular contributor for National Geographic magazine.

Together with my wife Daniella I run Squiver, a company that organizes specialized nature photography tours and workshops for small international groups of all experience levels to spectacular destinations all over the planet.

Hope to see you in Iceland!

Marsel

Marsel van Oosten | Squiver Photo Tours

www.squiver.com

Last edited by Marsel on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:07 am, edited 10 times in total.

by Marsel on Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:31 am
Marsel
Forum Contributor
The 2015 tour is fully booked, and there is only 1 space left on the 2016 tour (female sharing)...

www.squiver.com

by Marsel on Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:12 am
Marsel
Forum Contributor
We are currently revising our itinerary for our 2017 Iceland tour. When we first started this tour many years ago, there were only very few companies that did this in winter. There are now many, and they all copy each other. We always try to offer a better product, so we thought it was time to do things a bit differently again. We were the first to offer both the North and the South on the same winter trip by chartering a private jet, and we still are. But we are now looking into some spectacular off the beaten track locations that can only be reached by superjeep. Some of the waterfalls closer to Reyjavik will be offered as an extension.

This tour always fills fast, so if you want to take an option, please drop us an email.

Marsel

www.squiver.com

3 posts |