« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 1 post | 
by Tim Grams on Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:19 pm
Tim Grams
Lifetime Member
Member #:00164
Katmai Coast Shared Expenses Trip, Summer or Fall 2019

I'm considering putting together a trip along the Katmai Coast for bear photography sometime during the summer or fall of 2019. We'd fly in from Homer and then camp. I've done 2 similar trips in the past so I've got experience with the area as well as the logistical challenges.

This is strictly a shared expenses trip. I'm not a guide, tour leader or hand holder. You need to have experience and gear for camping in a remote location with the strong possibility of heavy rain and wind for numerous day. Delays on either end of the trip are likely due to weather issues.  You will need to get your own food and do your own cooking.

Dates are flexible, although I do have some other things scheduled already.

I'd want to spend at least 7 days camping once we reach the Katmai Coast. Anything less than that is just not worth the hassle of setting up a trip.  

Maximum group size would be about 6. I'd willing go with just a couple of other people too.

[font=Times New Roman]Air taxi from Homer will likely be $1000 to $1500, depending on how many people we have and what type of aircraft I can charter. Lodging in Homer before we are scheduled to fly out,  $120 to $150 per night. Your other costs will be food, stove fuel, chest waders (if you don't already have some) and other miscellaneous supplies. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Contact me via email if you are seriously interested. [/font]

[font=Times New Roman]Tim,  trgrams712@gmail.com[/font]

1 post |