First unread post  | 9 posts | 
by Jeremy on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:45 am
Jeremy
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:20 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I don't know what's wrong Jeremy but your last few videos have no link to see the videos.  :(
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Jeremy on Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:24 am
Jeremy
Forum Contributor
That's strange, Carol, because I can see it fine. Can other people not see them?

by Old Chap on Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:26 am
Old Chap
Forum Contributor
That's weird,
I was able to view your video a few days ago Jeremy {and other video's in this forum}, but now I am unable to view any of them.... I just get a blank/black area where the video should be displayed.
I suspect it is not an issue at your end, but I am clueless as to the reason.

by Jeremy on Sun Aug 14, 2016 10:36 am
Jeremy
Forum Contributor
Thanks, Old Chap (Alan?).
When I view my posts on my Windows 10 laptop using Mozilla Firefox, all my videos appear as I would expect. For the first time in ages, I'm looking on my ancient Windows XP desktop with Mozilla Firefox, and I can't see this video.
If you can't see my videos, what operating system and browser are you using?

by Old Chap on Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:49 am
Old Chap
Forum Contributor
I use windows 7, and IE.
Up until last week I could view all the posted video's on this site, so I don't know what the issue is.
I had wondered if it was a Microsoft issue, as I heard they are desperate for people to switch to windows 10....but I am clueless with technical computer stuff.
I have recently had issues viewing video's on youtube's site too, and sometimes am only able to view them at a lower quality than would previously have been the case. I will sometimes get a pop-up appear, suggesting I would now need to use a different browser to access the higher video settings.

Alan

by Jeremy on Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:56 am
Jeremy
Forum Contributor
Thanks, Alan.
I'm now looking again on my Windows 10 laptop, and the video is just a black area, although it was fine the other day. I've just checked a couple of other people's videos, and they only show as a black space. Not sure what's going on. Aren't there any technical gurus who can help?

by Old Chap on Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:44 pm
Old Chap
Forum Contributor
Just noticed that things are now fixed Jeremy, and the video's are working/showing as was normal for me.
Just spend a pleasant half-hour viewing your posted video's on Youtube, and enjoyed your results.
Cheese rolling always cracks me up, and I appreciated your nature/wildlife video stuff....which I find can be very frustrating to capture, but extremely satisfying when all goes well.

Fingers crossed the computer gremlins don't return!

Alan

by Jeremy on Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:36 pm
Jeremy
Forum Contributor
Thanks, Alan. Videos are showing now for me as well.
Glad you liked my YouTube vids. I'm just a beginner using a camcorder mainly. Have more-or-less given up photography as I was bored of taking the same old pictures, plus lugging the heavy gear around was doing my back and knees in.
I had seen cheese-rolling videos somewhere, but only got the idea to visit it when I was walking down a local hill with a friend, and he suddenly tripped, lost his balance, and went hurtling headfirst downhill, and ended up somersaulting headfirst into the undergrowth about 30 yards away! He was okay, but did make me think of those cheese rollers. Maybe I could upload a cheese-rolling video here, as it would probably come under the 'travel' heading, and no-one looks in this forum anyway!
Maybe upload one or two of your videos? This forum is virtually dead!

9 posts |