Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Jeremy on Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:12 am
Jeremy
Forum Contributor
Just about my first attempt at videoing anything, these Puffins were filmed on Skomer Island, Wales, in 2012, using a little Olympus PEN E-PL1 micro four-thirds camera attached to a Sigma 500mm lens via an adaptor, and using a little Olympus ME-51S external stereo microphone:

Thanks for looking!

by Old Chap on Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:31 am
Old Chap
Forum Contributor
looks good Jeremy, although maybe a touch long with regards to keeping the general publics attention throughout.
Personally, I think the final 3 minutes are the best for both for duration length, and for less distracting audio {less people noise/camera shutter noise etc in that section}.
Some fine activity captured though, and decent quality from these pocket sized camera's.
Maybe you will get hooked on video, as a suppliment to your stills shooting {or maybe video will completely take over for you...as it appears to have done with me}.
Nicely done
Alan

by Jeremy on Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:21 pm
Jeremy
Forum Contributor
Hi Alan,
Sorry for taking over two years to respond! Thanks for your comments. Video is taking over for me, too, although it's mainly now with a small camcorder as carrying a big lens, tripod, camera, etc., was doing my back in! Do post some of your own videos, to show us how it should be done!

3 posts |