All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 11 posts | 
by Karl Egressy on Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:58 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
The camera goes blank usually when you have the most important moment like a bird is taking off or middle of a flight shot. 
The LCD and the EVF goes blank. The shot off is set to 30 min. Is it possible that it gets overheated that's why it shots off? 
My wife's identical camera does the same. What can we do to prevent it? Shot off the LCD maybe?
Thanks.

by Scott Fairbairn on Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:54 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
Hi Karl, I had the same thing happen, and also lock ups when I had the A7r4. Mine seemed to be ok after I did a thorough lens and camera contact cleaning, so I'd try that and see if it helps. The sun hitting that eye sensor would sometimes confuse the camera as well.

by Karl Egressy on Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:58 am
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Thanks Scott. I'll try both the cleaning and avoiding direct sun to the eye sensor. Will clean the eye sensor as well.

by Scott Fairbairn on Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:19 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
I had a lot of issues with the eye sensor on Sony cameras. In fact, I disabled the auto switching on them and assigned the function to a custom button on all the Sony cameras I had(A1,A9,A7R4).

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:13 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
A common issue is a spot on the eye detect sensor right above the EVF but that does not blank out the rer LCD. You are likely overheating. Go into the menu and set the Auto Power Off temp to High.

by Karl Egressy on Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:16 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Thanks, both of you. I just set it to High.

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:46 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Karl, is this only happening when the camera is sitting in the sun? It should not happen at all in still photography in any other situation. This is generally only a concern in warm environments in the sun or when taking high rez video. If it's happening in just normal use, there may be something wrong.

by Karl Egressy on Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:51 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
 I virtually never shoot videos. It happened even when the weather was kind of cool.
The interesting part is that my wife's camera started going dark and then a few weeks time mine followed, maybe it is contagious. :) I reset both cameras to factory setting, cleaned everything Scott suggested and set auto power off to high. I also shot the LCD off most of the time and use the EVF with the exception of checking on images to see if the setting was right. It hasn't happened since I done all the above. Thanks.

by Eduardo on Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:24 am
Eduardo
Forum Contributor
Karl Egressy wrote: I virtually never shoot videos. It happened even when the weather was kind of cool.
The interesting part is that my wife's camera started going dark and then a few weeks time mine followed, maybe it is contagious. :) 
Hum, have both you and your wife cameras been vaccinated?  Sorry Karl, could not help myself! Glad to see you have resolved that issue.
 :-)
Eduardo
http://www.delsolar.org

by Karl Egressy on Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:13 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
The cameras work fine now. We have been vaccinated, three shots both. I week ago I started having some symptoms, very mild. I asked for a test and went to a testing place. They asked if I had symptoms and I said yes. Then, we cannot test you. We test you only if you have no symptoms. Reminded me of
the novel of Catch 22. I'm OK now.

by Eduardo on Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:45 pm
Eduardo
Forum Contributor
Good to hear you are OK now. Also, now I know some ways I can try to fix my Sony A7R4 if it goes blank. Cheers!
Eduardo
http://www.delsolar.org

11 posts |