Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 27 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:59 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Wildflower-nut wrote:Any accessories you can think of that I need?? ........
Several very large hard drives!!!!!

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:25 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Wildflower-nut wrote:well I found one in stock with a 32-64 lens.  We'll see.  I'm on the fence still but there seems to be enough demand that if I wanted to, I could sell it.  Looking forward to a wide zoom.  These are all basically 2x zooms.  Seems like the first 35mm zooms like the canon 35-70 FD L lens of many many years ago.  Why can't they at least bump it up to 3x?
It's a fantastic lens, you won't be disappointed in the IQ.

by Wildflower-nut on Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:58 pm
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
Wildflower-nut wrote:well I found one in stock with a 32-64 lens.  We'll see.  I'm on the fence still but there seems to be enough demand that if I wanted to, I could sell it.  Looking forward to a wide zoom.  These are all basically 2x zooms.  Seems like the first 35mm zooms like the canon 35-70 FD L lens of many many years ago.  Why can't they at least bump it up to 3x?
It's a fantastic lens, you won't be disappointed in the IQ.
Kind of feels like my exacta days in the early 60's...  35mm, 85mm and 180MM.  the 32-64 covers one.  Need 100-200 to cover the other.  Should be able to do most scenic photos with those two lenses.  I'll see how it goes with just the 32-64 for now.  Still would like to see a 3x zoom.

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:27 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I think the reason you don't see 3x zooms for medium format is that it is very difficult to get image quality into the corners with such a large image circle when you expand the zoom range and keep the lens from being humongous and very heavy or, alternatively be an f/8 lens.

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:15 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
It looks like they have a few in stock at Adorama and B and H:

https://www.digitalcameraworld.com/news ... s-too-late

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Wildflower-nut on Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:47 am
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:I think the reason you don't see 3x zooms for medium format is that it is very difficult to get image quality into the corners with such a large image circle when you expand the zoom range and keep the lens from being humongous and very heavy or, alternatively be an f/8 lens.

Normally I like your posts but that was hard to do here as this paints a bleak future.

by SantaFeJoe on Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:09 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
A review after 8 months of use:

https://fstoppers.com/reviews/8-months- ... orm-595254

Joe

27 posts |