Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Craig Lipski on Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:01 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
My "backup" 1D IV became my wife's camera, and the shutter finally crapped out yesterday.  B&H got us a "new" one today!  After updating the firmware, I deleted all the old settings and set it up just like my old one.  My wife has terrible vision, so she uses Live View, with magnification, often.  I CAN'T GET THE "NEW" ONE TO MAGNIFY LIVE VIEW!  I know Live View magnification doesn't work with Facial Recognition EF; that is NOT on.  As far as I can tell, the 2 bodies are set up exactly the same *except for the Firmware Version*.  I hadn't updated the Firmware in the old body since 1.1.1 came out; the new body has 1.1.5   I can't imagine that a firmware update would kill the capability, but other than that, I'm afraid it may be a hardware problem.  I tried looking for 1.1.1 on line, but I'm getting a message that it's not available for my OS (Win 10).  I could break out the old laptop w/ Win8 and look. . . . I was going to call or chat w/ B&H, but they're closed until Sunday.  Do they offer that type of support?  Anybody here have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:15 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Even if you could get it to run under Win 10, it probably wouldn't allow you to go backwards. You'd have to send it to Canon but I seriously doubt that they disabled a feature. It has to be some setting that you missed, perhaps in button assignments or some other minor difference.

Here's something that might help:
https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/ ... VEVIEW.HTM

This at least suggests that this function works in manual focus mode - is one camera/lens set to MF while the other is set to AF?

by Craig Lipski on Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:44 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
E.J. Peiker wrote:Even if you could get it to run under Win 10, it probably wouldn't allow you to go backwards.  You'd have to send it to Canon but I seriously doubt that they disabled a feature.  It has to be some setting that you missed, perhaps in button assignments or some other minor difference.

Here's something that might help:
https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/ ... VEVIEW.HTM

This at least suggests that this function works in manual focus mode - is one camera/lens set to MF while the other is set to AF?

Got it!  I missed a whole button assignment quagmire when I was setting it up. I’m not sure I’d ever figure it out again w/o copying whatever it was I figured out 6 years ago. Your comment reminded me of struggling w/ that mess back then. Thank you!

3 posts |