All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Karl Egressy on Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:13 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
I'm wondering if it's going to be a camera in the Nikon line which would fit in between Z7 II and Z9 and would compete against Canon R5.
It would be a welcomed camera, especially if it would use a stacked high MP sensor.

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:14 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Anything I write here is pure speculation and not a rumor but personally I don't think so.  I doubt they have the financial bandwidth for another high end camera since they already have the Z5, Z6, Z7, and Z9 along with an APS-C model.  I think they would be better off developing the Z7 into a camera that can really compete and not come out with yet another entirely new model.  Perhaps a Z7 III or Z7S or something or perhaps a serious firmware update if the image processor and onboard memory can handle it...

I think a focus on rounding out the lens line-up and delivering on the lens roadmap is where they should spend their borrowed Yen ;)

by George DeCamp on Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:48 pm
George DeCamp
Lifetime Member
Member #:00147
I agree with E.J. I’d figure on a Z7 III to be a D850 class and maybe a Z6 III to be a D500 class, but FX, mirrorless. Both with maybe expeed 7 processor next summer or so. Naturally they will be missing the built in grip and some AF stuff to bring down price from Z9. Again just a guess but it seems possible.

by Karl Egressy on Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:47 am
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
Thank you both. Unfortunately the Z9 is too expensive and too heavy for me. I would be happy with a Z7 III with improved focus and 10 fps continuous black out
free shooting. Dreaming away. :D

4 posts |