« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:05 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Today on DPREVIEW, there are teases from Apple, DJI, Sony and Sigma!!! Enough is enough, I say! Either announce a product openly or don’t say anything at all is what I feel. 

Joe 
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:45 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
It's all they have, since virtually nobody can deliver anything at even fractional levels of the demand on virtually any product... But yes, I agree.

You should see the bicycle industry, they are now introducing all the 2022 models never having delivered any 2021 models that were announced a year ago and still working on 2020 model delivery for at least another year. A combination of extraordinary demand due to the pandemic and the two major drivetrain manufacturers simply not being able to deliver components at even 25% of demanded volumes/

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:31 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:It's all they have, since virtually nobody can deliver anything at even fractional levels of the demand on virtually any product...  But yes, I agree.
Here’s an article about that:

Shortages of New Photo Products

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Scott Fairbairn on Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:46 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
I'm afraid that's all they can do, a slumping industry and unable to get parts, that's the best they can do, but I'm tired of it as well. I'm also tired of photo articles about twenty-year-old cameras and such too. lol

by Lensmaster on Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:32 pm
Lensmaster
Forum Contributor
I agree it is a little annoying but it is also a heads up and can stop you ordering something only to find Sony offer something better .

Rob.

by Robert Royse on Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:49 pm
Robert Royse
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote: You should see the bicycle industry, they are now introducing all the 2022 models never having delivered any 2021 models that were announced a year ago and still working on 2020 model delivery for at least another year.  A combination of extraordinary demand due to the pandemic and the two major drivetrain manufacturers simply not being able to deliver components at even 25% of demanded volumes/
Unicycle parts are hard to come by too. I can't wait to get a new tire for my 29" muni which has barely anything left on it. Very frustrating!

https://www.unicycle.com/duro-crux-29-x-3-25-tire/
Bob Royse
http://www.roysephotos.com

by Doug on Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:18 am
Doug
Forum Contributor
My mommy taught me that teasing isn't nice.

Teasers are what the marketing departments resort to when they're late to the market and they're desperate to slow the defections to other brands.
Doug Herr
Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

7 posts |