Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:18 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Canon has raised many prices on their products:

Canon Raises Prices

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by OntPhoto on Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:37 am
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote:Canon has raised many prices on their products:

Canon Raises Prices

Joe
Canon is doing very well with the new R6 and R5.  They figure an extra $100 or $200 isn't going to dissuade someone who can afford to put out several thousand for a R6 and R5 from purchasing lenses.  I don't think it's going to hurt too much their sales numbers.  If I want a lens, a hundred extra isn't going to stop me.  

I spent about $8,000 CAD to purchase the Canon 500 f4 II back in 2014 or so but people are paying $12,000+ CAD for the same lens last few years. If someone wants a lens, they'll buy it.

The pandemic is causing all kinds of manufacturing and shipping issues. From bicycles to semi-conductors and as I recently found out, camera bags.  

I wanted to purchase a blue indigo Think Tank Turnstyle 20 bag but found most retailers have it on backorder.  There were some "discontinued" notices on a few sites but neither the model nor the colour (blue indigo) is being discontinued.  Think Tank or the factories have had issues booking space on cargo ships.  That is the reason for certain colours of these bags being out of stock.  Straight from Think Tank.

2 posts |