All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Ed Cordes on Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:23 am
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
I am looking to by a light weight, but effective shotgun mic to use with me R5.  The sounds I anticipate recording are bird and animal sounds as well as surf sounds, but also have a "dead cat" to reduce/eliminate wind noise and as much traffic sounds as possible.  Searching the internet shows a huge variety, but I don't have the expertise to understand the options.  Hoping to spend less than $200 if possible. Thanks in advance.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by Jeff Pearl on Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:52 pm
Jeff Pearl
Forum Contributor
Member #:02142
I'd check with primal video. They test a lot of mics and video equipment.

https://kit.co/PrimalVideo/best-microphones-for-video

by Bill Chambers on Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:54 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Hi Ed,

I wish I had seen this thred a couple of days ago so I would have known about the Primal link Jeff shared before I ordered a shotgun mic last week. I find myself in a similiar situation of wanting a shotgun mic for similiar needs. I ended up ordering a Rode mic; this one - https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... otgun.html

I intend to view Jeff's link to see if perhaps it is listed. Depending what I find, I may decide to return the one I purchased for something else, but iy just depends on what I find. The one I ordered was rated highly by customers and I thought the price was prety darn reasonable for my intended usage. If I keep it, I will let you know how I like it.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

3 posts |