« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 27 posts | 
by Porsche917 on Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:41 pm
Porsche917
Lifetime Member
Member #:01310
Good Evening Karl:

Congratulations on the purchase of your new kit.  I hope that you will thoroughly enjoy using it and making more beautiful images.

Like you, I look at the new 35mm mirrorless camera offerings from Canon and think that I could have saved some cash by waiting 
for those products to arrive.  But as you astutely pointed out, hindsight is 20/20.

Very Best Regards,

Roman  :D :D

by Gary Irwin on Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:27 am
Gary Irwin
Forum Contributor
Karl, you really should try the a1...
Gary Likes Nature.

by Karl Egressy on Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:26 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
Gary Irwin wrote:Karl, you really should try the a1...
Hi Gary,
I would have got the money after selling my a7R III but I have already decided to wait for the rumored a7 IV.
I would use it in low light and also for BIF.
Otherwise the a7R IV I have, does a good job most of the time.
Or if the price of A1 were say $5000-6000, then I would buy it. :)

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:01 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I'm assuming your $6000 threshold is in CAD because the USD price is $6500 which isn't hugely more than your $6000 ;) But an a1 is unopbtainium at any price for the foreseeable future so it's moot anyway ;)

by Karl Egressy on Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:10 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
E.J. Peiker wrote:I'm assuming your $6000 threshold is in CAD because the USD price is $6500 which isn't hugely more than your $6000 ;)   But an a1 is unopbtainium at any price for the foreseeable future so it's moot anyway ;)
Yes, my threshold is in CAD. It is $8500 plus tax here. It is more of a mental threshold as anything else.

by Gary Irwin on Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:42 pm
Gary Irwin
Forum Contributor
Karl Egressy wrote:
Gary Irwin wrote:Karl, you really should try the a1...
Hi Gary,
I would have got the money after selling my a7R III but I have already decided to wait for the rumored a7 IV.
I would use it in low light and also for BIF.
Otherwise the a7R IV I have, does a good job most of the time.
Or if the price of A1 were say $5000-6000, then I would buy it. :)
Fair enough Karl, and you get excellent results from your a7RIV from what I've seen. (Not sure what the a7IV will have but I can't see an a7 camera beating the a1 in any substantial way.) Regardless, yes I paid more for the a1 than any previous camera...by far. But then the a1 is the only camera that I've owned that really can do it all, and do it all extremely well at that. That's what makes the a1 worth all those loonies!  :mrgreen:
Gary Likes Nature.

by SantaFeJoe on Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:33 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
[quote]Gary Irwin said:
........Regardless, yes I paid more for the a1 than any previous camera...by far. But then the a1 is the only camera that I've owned that really can do it all, and do it all extremely well at that. That's what makes the a1 worth all those loonies!.....
———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

I have to chuckle when I hear someone say that it’s not the equipment that makes the photo, but the one behind the camera. If you take a skilled photographer and give him two cameras with different capabilities, I guarantee the camera with better capabilities will produce better results. Same goes for a pro quality lens compared to a consumer grade lens. Some say that GAS is ridiculous. I say it’s not just following the trends, but rather moving along with the improvements in technology. If a person stays stuck in the past, they will be left behind. Been there, done that. 

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

27 posts |