« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 1 post | 
by P.W.Post on Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:29 pm
P.W.Post
Forum Contributor
I recently purchased a Flexshooter Mini (from Naturescapes.net) for use with my Canon 400mm DO II. My current lens plate (an Arca Swiss style 4th Generation CRX-3.5) doesn't fix the Flexshooter Mini; even though it's 1.5 inches in width, which appears to be standard, it is still too wide.

(1) I need a replacement foot that is long enough to accommodate the lens, a 2x telextender and a Wimberly flash bracket. The five inch length of the CRX-3.5 was just fine.
(2) I also need enough room between the lens and the foot to place my fingers so that I can carry the lens when it's not on a tripod. The 1 1/16 inch between the  lens attachment and the CRX-3.5 lens plate was sufficient for hand holding. 

I've emailed the company that manufactures the Flexshooter a couple of times for advice but they never reply! 

Any suggestions?

Peter

P.S. I purchased the Flexshooter Mini instead of the Pro because the rated 20 lb. maximum weight load is more than efficient for my setup, and because of it's smaller size and weight. I wonder if I should have gotten the Flexshooter Pro instead?

1 post |