All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Ed Cordes on Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:11 pm
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
IU installed the new firmware for the R5.  One of the great features is the ability to save the camera settings to an SD card so that if something occurred to erase them I can basically install the card and push a button and they will all be reset to my preferences.  The question is can I give this to another photog to upload my setting to their camera?  It would be nice as a lot of people ask me for my settings. Thanks for your advice.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:43 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
For every camera system I have ever used with this capability, the answer is yes as it allows you to quickly set-up multiple cameras to be the same. Now I have not done this with an R5 but certainly previous Canon camera bodies did exactly what you are wanting.

by bryantjl on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:49 am
bryantjl
Forum Contributor
It does work. If you have entered the author's name and copyright details in your R5 (yellow menu 6) just remember to change that if you are copying the data to another camera not belonging to you. At least you don't have to concern yourself with AF micro adjustment as you do if you are doing this on a 1DX3 for instance. Lenses are recognized by serial number.

by Ed Cordes on Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:27 am
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Thanks for the replies E.J. & John. Thanks for reminding me RE the copyrite info. Frankly, I would have forgotten about it.
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

4 posts |