All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Graeme Guy on Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:30 am
Graeme Guy
Forum Contributor
Member #:01714
I sold three houses (almost) to purchase a Canon EOS1DX Mark 3 back in April 2020. Although it has good features I have been somewhat disappointed for the following reasons.
1. Instructions were lacking
2. Cards were not available initially. B and H were appalling here.
3. Repeated errors  (Error 1)with my Tamron 150-600mm lens. (this never happened with the Mark 1 version)
4. Difficult to update software
5. Lately failure to read any cards (needs new card reader)
At this point it was put in for service. I have just been told that the sensor is stained....not my fault
6. Needs new sensor.

I have been forced to go back to the Mark 1 and it has some better performance features.

Overall this is not a satisfactory performance and Canon remain pretty mute about the problems.

I would like to hear from other users

Cheers
Graeme
Graeme Guy
Penang,
Malaysia

http://grguy.smugmug.com

by bryantjl on Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:28 am
bryantjl
Forum Contributor
Graeme, I am sorry to hear you are so disappointed in your EOS 1DX Mark III. I find it an incredible camera and I say this having had every Canon 1D Series bodies except the original 1D, and the top professional film bodies before that.

I have not experienced any problems with the 1DX3 other than the occasional Error 1 in the beginning which was caused by having the level indicator on in the viewfinder. This was quickly corrected with the first firmware update. There was lots of advance information about the camera before it actually became available. I fortunately, then already, ordered cards which were delivered promptly by B&H (and that is to South Africa).  The camera came bundled with a card reader and one card, albeit only 64GB.I can't understand the difficulty to update software. A great pity about the sensor though.

If you have issues with the set up, you can go to my website where there is considerable detail on the various set ups.

by Graeme Guy on Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:53 pm
Graeme Guy
Forum Contributor
Member #:01714
Thanks John for taking the time to give me a full account of your experience. I have had Canon gear for over 30 years and this has been a hassle and my experience with the Camera suggests it is excellent.
I will check your website.
Thank you

Graeme
Graeme Guy
Penang,
Malaysia

http://grguy.smugmug.com

3 posts |