Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Wildflower-nut on Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:25 pm
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
I'm trying to get my R5 to work like my 5D4 does.  The way I have it set up, the set button switches between lcd and evf. When I take a picture, I want to see what is in front of me not a review of the photo. I'd like to lower the camera and see the last photo on the lcd to stay on for say 30 sec. The first part I've achieved. The second part, I have to press the set button to switch to the lcd and then the review button. Any suggestions as how to get it to work like my 5D4? Really don't want the lcd to run all the time for power saving considerations.  Don't like to have to push 2 buttons to get up the review and then another to activate the EVF.

by Mike Veltri on Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:38 am
Mike Veltri
Forum Contributor
Wildflower-nut wrote:I'm trying to get my R5 to work like my 5D4 does.  The way I have it set up, the set button switches between lcd and evf. When I take a picture, I want to see what is in front of me not a review of the photo. I'd like to lower the camera and see the last photo on the lcd to stay on for say 30 sec. The first part I've achieved. The second part, I have to press the set button to switch to the lcd and then the review button. Any suggestions as how to get it to work like my 5D4? Really don't want the lcd to run all the time for power saving considerations.  Don't like to have to push 2 buttons to get up the review and then another to activate the EVF.
I got my r5 very early, and I have it setup that the back screen is shut off. I keep it folded and never use it to review my photos while I am shooting. If I want to see the last image, I just push the review button on the bottom right of the camera and I can see the last image in the view finder. Look under the yellow wrench menu, I think it is page 3 screen viewfinder, mine is set to Auto2.

by bryantjl on Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:09 am
bryantjl
Forum Contributor
Not sure I fully understand why you are using the SET button.
I leave the viewing on auto.

I achieve what you want to by doing the following:
Red#7 Can only set to a max of 8sec.
Red#8 Display1 (your choice)
Blue #5 Playback info only set to #3 (your choice)
Yellow #3 Auto 2.
Use the SET button for something else. I use it to centre the focus point.

Hope this makes sense to you. I get what you want to achieve. Live image in EVF and review image comes on the LCD after you have captured the image.

by Wildflower-nut on Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:56 am
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
bryantjl wrote:Not sure I fully understand why you are using the SET button.
I leave the viewing on auto.

I achieve what you want to by doing the following:
Red#7 Can only set to a max of 8sec.
Red#8 Display1 (your choice)
Blue #5 Playback info only set to #3 (your choice)
Yellow #3 Auto 2.
Use the SET button for something else. I use it to centre the focus point.

Hope this makes sense to you. I get what you want to achieve. Live image in EVF and review image comes on the LCD after you have captured the image.

Thanks.  I'll give it a try.

by Ed Cordes on Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:43 am
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
If you haven't yet found the solution to your problems check out this video. I have found it invaluable.  I also love my R5.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nnRqgXu7Q
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

5 posts |