Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:59 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
If the big manufacturers don’t keep up with mobile technology, independents will leave them in the dust regarding many photographers that don’t require the highest image IQ, but like the flexibility mobile photography offers. This one uses a MFT sensor. I hope that someday NiCanSony will adapt features currently available in smart phones.

https://www.dpreview.com/news/7241299090/mft-alice-concept-camera-promises-smartphone-ai-with-interchangeable-lenses

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by DChan on Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:59 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
So it turns your phone into a m43 camera, or more likely the brain of a m43 camera. I imagine the big ones should be able to make this kind of phone attachment, too.

by Neilyb on Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:41 pm
Neilyb
Forum Contributor
Sony also made a 1" type camera which clipped on to the phone and connected via NFC https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3jgKD2ascc I never saw one in use. People who want phone ease-of-use also do not want to faff with addons it seems.

by Jeff Colburn on Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:58 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hi,

It sounds interesting, but without an eyepiece, shooting in bright light with your smart phone screen will be near impossible. I went out hiking 5 of the last 9 days, and shot video with my phone each hiking day. It was bright outside, and I was guessing at composition, and especially exposure, since I could hardly see anything on the phone's screen.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

4 posts |