Moderators: Greg Downing, E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC - 5 hours

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Jelail on Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:27 am
Jelail
Forum Contributor
Hi all, new here. I enjoy shooting landscapes and was just thinking.  Most of my landscape photography shots are done during daylight and very rarely require longer exposures. So what happens 90% of the time is I go out, carrying my tripod and don't use it. I mean this is great, I get my exercise and save on a gym membership.

Just curious, do you always bring out your tripod or just when you know you'll be doing some longer exposed shots?  

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:35 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I always bring a tripod, even if it's just a travel tripod. Even on long hikes.

by Jeff Colburn on Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:48 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
Hi,

I always bring my tripod, and use it 99.9% of the time when taking a photograph.

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store 25 Places To Sell Your Photographs And Photography Skills and The Vanishing Old West - Jerome

by Bill Chambers on Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:57 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
95% of what I shoot is landscapes and 99% of my landscapes are shot on a tripod. I use a Gitzo 5 series, which is way too heavy but it is very stable. If you ever choose to enlarge your images to any decent size at all, a tripod is a necessity. I've enlarged full frame 36 MP images to 4'x6' and still had them be tack sharp.
When life deals you lemons, make lemonade; when it deals you tomatoes, make Bloody Mary's.
Unattributed

Please visit my web site, Enchanted Light Photography.
Bill Chambers
Gulf Breeze, Florida

4 posts |