Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by kostas nianiopoulos on Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:12 pm
kostas nianiopoulos
Forum Contributor

Guys , does any one knows what the  light line above in image could be ?  i don't see it to often but i do in some images , but i  see it in some .  The camera is canon 1dx buy in 2012  374.000 clicks . A friend told me maybe something with the flash , an other friend told me that's nothing just something with the light ..   Any idea what this could be ?

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:10 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
The shutter is beginning to fail.  Perhaps it's just some contamination on the shutter blades that is preventing smooth closure.  Take a blower brush and blow it all over the shutter, especially on the bottom of it as you look into the camera (note the top of an image is recorded at the bottom of the sensor).

by kostas nianiopoulos on Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:00 am
kostas nianiopoulos
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:The shutter is beginning to fail.  Perhaps it's just some contamination on the shutter blades that is preventing smooth closure.  Take a blower brush and blow it all over the shutter, especially on the bottom of it as you look into the camera (note the top of an image is recorded at the bottom of the sensor).

what is that means ? i'm gonna need to change soon the shutter ? i hope there is shutters in the market as the camera is a bit old like 8 years ...   Thanks any way !!! 

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:46 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
It means that it will need to be sent to a Canon service center along with some pictures that show the problem. They will then replace the shutter and all should be well. In the USA this service would cost around $500. The camera is not too old to repair. But do the things I said to make sure there isn't something in there preventing proper operation.

4 posts |