« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by OntPhoto on Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:10 am
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
I have the 7D MK2 and like the ai-servo tracking.  How does the 5D MK4 compare to the 7D MK2 and 1DX MK2?  

by Scott Fairbairn on Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:29 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
I can't comment on the 5D, but the 1DX mark 2 is superior to the 7DMark2 in my use, at least when I owned that gear.

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:59 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
5D4 is approximately equal to a 7D2 but since it is FF, the AF system covers much less of the field of view and is largely centrally located so in practice it may prove more challenging.

by OntPhoto on Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:00 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:5D4 is approximately equal to a 7D2 but since it is FF, the AF system covers much less of the field of view and is largely centrally located so in practice it may prove more challenging.
Thanks E.J.  I read a good article (googling) on the 5D MK4 which put its capabilities into perspective for me.  If Canon is not upgrading the 5D line anymore (rumoured at this time only), I am wondering if they will just continue making the 5D MK4 or discontinue it.  I know, no one knows except Canon.  Will be paying attention to this over the next several months.  My wishful thinking is, maybe the price will drop even more - under $3,000 CAD.  I plan to pick one up when that happens.  Someone who has the 5D MK4 said she may have gotten it for $2,900 at a local retailer on sale. Then again, all retailers have to stick to Canon pricing (I disliked this policy strongly when it was implemented).  Gone are deals and "Amazon pricing".  Oh, well.

4 posts |