All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:53 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Seemingly lost in all of the noise of recent announcements, Nikon released new FW for all of the Z cameras to make them compatible with the new teleconverters, add the capability for the cameras to update firmware and several other items including known bug fixes:

https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/index.html

by gannis on Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:41 am
gannis
Forum Contributor
Sadly, the Z teleconverters are not compatible with FTZ adapters..so the only lens that is practically usable is the 70-200 S. I m not sure if anyone has had great success with the FTZ+F mount TCs + F mount lenses. I tried it and and was disappointed...But then that was with the Z7..I hope Nikon comes up with an AF system on their upcoming Z cameras (Z6s,Z7s,Z8..whatever they call) that are comparable with D5/500/850 AF and performs well with the F mount TCs....
Regards,
Ganesh

by mlgray12 on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:06 am
mlgray12
Lifetime Member
Member #:01023
gannis wrote:Sadly, the Z teleconverters are not compatible with FTZ adapters..so the only lens that is practically usable is the 70-200 S. I m not sure if anyone has had great success with the FTZ+F mount TCs + F mount lenses. I tried it and and was disappointed...But then that was with the Z7..I hope Nikon comes up with an AF system on their upcoming Z cameras (Z6s,Z7s,Z8..whatever they call) that are comparable with D5/500/850 AF and performs well with the F mount TCs....
I am using both the Z7 and D850 - Really like some of the advancements in the Z mirrorless cameras and really starting to get used to some of the differences from the DSLR - I use the Z7 exclusively for everything but fast moving nature photography and already switching all my smaller lens like 24-70mm f/2.8 over to z-mounts but like you really looking forward to day that focus system works as well or better than the the D850 / D5 / D6
Michael L. Gray
Wildlife and Conservation Bum

3 posts |