Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by keithkennedy on Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:39 pm
keithkennedy
Forum Contributor
I have been using my computer more than usual during the pandemic and just noticed that I have a faint image retention or 'burn-in' problem on my 27 in SW 271 BenQ montior. The ghostlike image is at the top of the monitor and appears to be the Chrome header. It also shows up when I display certain mages using Breezebrowser. Any suggestions for removing this or is this a permanent issue?
Keith Kennedy
Raleigh, NC

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:33 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Probably permanent. This is why most still use screen savers that are dynamic so that the same thing isn't on the screen 100% of the time when the monitor is on.

by signgrap on Thu Jul 02, 2020 1:43 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
To avoid screen burn in and to extend monitor life I set my monitor to turn off after 5 minutes.
Move the mouse or click any key and it wakes up - simple and saves a lot of heart ache.
Dick Ludwig

by Andrew_5488 on Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:12 pm
Andrew_5488
Forum Contributor
keithkennedy wrote:I have been using my computer more than usual during the pandemic and just noticed that I have a faint image retention or 'burn-in' problem on my 27 in SW 271 BenQ montior. The ghostlike image is at the top of the monitor and appears to be the Chrome header. It also shows up when I display certain mages using Breezebrowser. Any suggestions for removing this or is this a permanent issue?
Try setting up screen saver especially one which dynamically refreshes whole screen ( as oppose to those static image slideshows) and it may go away. On Mac it would be flurry and similar ones. I don't have PC right now to check what's available there.

4 posts |