Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 17 posts | 
by merlinator on Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:01 pm
merlinator
Forum Contributor
Regarding SD memory cards of SF-M series, SF-M series TOUGH specification, and SF-G series TOUGH specification, recorded data on the card may be damaged or data may not be recorded correctly when shooting video on a camera* in video speed class mode.
* The camera compatible with video speed class V60/V90 etc. as recommended recording media.

We are offering free replacements for affected SD memory cards from June 11, 2020, through Mar. 31, 2022, subject to the limited warranty that accompanied the SD memory card. Please see below to determine if you have an affected SD memory card and call us at 239-768-7669 to arrange for your card replacement.
Roy

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:57 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Hi Roy,

This is tough to read, you can not cut and paste HTML formatted text. When cutting an pasting text, first click o the little sheet of paper icon right above the text entry box and then paste the text - that removes the HTML formatting tags.

by merlinator on Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:14 pm
merlinator
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Hi Roy,

This is tough to read, you can not cut and paste HTML formatted text.  When cutting an pasting text, first click o the little sheet of paper icon right above the text entry box and then paste the text - that removes the HTML formatting tags.

Sorry about that.  Here is a link https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/memory-cards-sd-cards/sf-m128t/articles/00246463
Roy

by E.J. Peiker on Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:40 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
merlinator wrote:
E.J. Peiker wrote:Hi Roy,

This is tough to read, you can not cut and paste HTML formatted text.  When cutting an pasting text, first click o the little sheet of paper icon right above the text entry box and then paste the text - that removes the HTML formatting tags.

Sorry about that.  Here is a link https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/memory-cards-sd-cards/sf-m128t/articles/00246463
Thanks, I fixed it using the method I described for posting copied text off of another website.

by Jim Zipp on Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:13 am
Jim Zipp
Lifetime Member
Member #:00150
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I've got one of the effected cards.
Jim Zipp
http://www.jimzippphotography.com

by Mark L on Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:47 am
Mark L
Forum Contributor
I have two recalled cards.  Hopefully it won't be too much of a hassle to get them replaced.  

by mortsgah on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:43 am
mortsgah
Forum Contributor
So has anyone received their replacement cards yet? I sent mine back June 16th (following the instructions provided by Sony), and have not heard anything. The link they provided with the return instructions indicates the case was "resolved" on June 17th, but no replacement card yet. Thought I would see if anyone here has received their replacement to get an idea of the turn around time.
erik
http://www.erikhagstrom.com

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:57 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
mortsgah wrote:So has anyone received their replacement cards yet? I sent mine back June 16th (following the instructions provided by Sony), and have not heard anything. The link they provided with the return instructions indicates the case was "resolved" on June 17th, but no replacement card yet. Thought I would see if anyone here has received their replacement to get an idea of the turn around time.
If they are shipping them from China, where they are made, expect it to take 30-60 days due to multiple impounds along the way.  Just about anything coming direct from China is taking more than a month these days.

by Mark L on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:13 am
Mark L
Forum Contributor
I sent mine back on June 17 and they were delivered on June 26; the shipping was by FedEx "slow boat".  At the present time I have heard nothing further.

However, I believe that they are swamped with returns/replacements.  They messed up processing the pictures and data that I provided and I had to call a second time to get the return setup correctly.  

Nevertheless, I have to believe that they are going to work through this and provide appropriate replacements.

by mortsgah on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:50 am
mortsgah
Forum Contributor
Thanks Mark,
I sort of figured that was going to be the case but wanted to see how others were doing. Did you get a notice of shipment, or did the replacements just arrive one day? I was hoping since I got on the return band wagon fairly early that the wait wouldn't be too long.

Of course now that most of my photo trips have been cancelled, the number of images per day has dropped off substantially!
erik

by Mark L on Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:59 am
Mark L
Forum Contributor
My original message was not clear; I meant to say that the returned cards were delivered to Sony on June 26.  At the present time I am still awaiting the replacement cards.  The Sony card return shipping was the absolute slowest FedEx service possible.  It took over 1 week to ship the cards from San Diego to Indiana.  

I have no idea how many cards Sony is replacing, but I imagine that the number is large and that it may take some time and involve potential delays based upon pandemic issues impacting production and international shipping.

As you say, "Has anyone received replacement cards?"

by mortsgah on Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:03 pm
mortsgah
Forum Contributor
Ah, thanks for the clarification. Perhaps E.J.'s estimate will be the case. Hope not. :-(
erik

by signgrap on Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:59 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
One thing to remember is that shipping which originates in the US, is currently taking 2x's - 3x's as long as it did pre-pandemic. This holds true for Amazon Prime as well as the shipping load for all carriers has increased significantly. In our area, which is rural, Amazon has for the first time started using their own delivery trucks. Long term USPS, UPS and FedEx are going to feel a big drop in revenue as Amazon builds up its delivery fleet.
Dick Ludwig

by mortsgah on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:41 pm
mortsgah
Forum Contributor
If I believed in Forums having causality I would post more. With that said, just after my last post in this thread I received an email from Sony indicating my replacement card was being shipped FedEx. Due later this week!

Gotta love serendipity.
erik

by Mark L on Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:47 pm
Mark L
Forum Contributor
Great News!  Hopefully this will start a flood of replacements for everyone.

by Mark L on Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:13 pm
Mark L
Forum Contributor
Just received an email providing FedEx tracking for my replacement cards.  Scheduled to arrive on Monday, July 6.  

by mortsgah on Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:45 pm
mortsgah
Forum Contributor
More great news! Sounds like they are working hard at getting replacements out.
erik

17 posts |