« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:33 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I may be the only one here that shoots with the Fuji GFX system but just in case I'm not, there is a pretty significant FW update out for these cameras.  For me, the most significant is that the focus stacking mode now allows you set a start and end point and the camera calculates the number of frames and focus movement needed based on focal length, aperture and shooting distance automatically and then takes the shots at a user specified interval. It's a big improvement in that the camera doesn't always just run out to infinity which is really annoying for macro shooters but it still isn't quite what it could be.

If you are a frequent user of focus bracketing as I am, it's best just to assign the FOCUS BKT SETTING either to a button or to the top item in My Menu - otherwise you would have to go menu diving everytime you want to limit the focus bracketing in this way.

Here's the scoop on all of the changes by camera model:
https://www.fujirumors.com/biggest-firmware-upgrade-in-the-history-of-the-gfx-system-released/

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:36 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Fuji video on all of the new features:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_PEFVd2GzM

by David Bostock on Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:39 pm
David Bostock
Forum Contributor
Can't seem to get the Auto focus bracketing to work right. I can set the near focus with the menu button, but setting the far focus with the back button opens up the focus bracket setting menu...weird.

Anyway, glad they kept the old manual option because I normally want to shoot to infinity for landscapes anyway. The auto mode will be good for macro once I figure it out.

Cheers,
David

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Jul 01, 2020 12:34 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
David Bostock wrote:Can't seem to get the Auto focus bracketing to work right. I can set the near focus with the menu button, but setting the far focus with the back button opens up the focus bracket setting menu...weird.

Anyway, glad they kept the old manual option because I normally want to shoot to infinity for landscapes anyway. The auto mode will be good for macro once I figure it out.

Cheers,
David
I initially had that problem too until I realized you have to select it from the menu every time.  It only works once per menu dive, so I made it the top item in My Menu.

4 posts |