Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Bill Chambers on Tue May 19, 2020 12:23 am
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Is anyone familiar with Full Frame Equipment Insurance?  The only insurance I'm familiar with and have bought is through NANPA, but the Full Frame Ins. is certainly less expensive.  Being less expensive is great, but only if it's a good company and will pay out if you have a claim.

Has anyone had any experience with them?

Are there any other insurance companies you're familiar with or could recommend?
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

by Richard B. on Tue May 19, 2020 8:21 am
Richard B.
Lifetime Member
Member #:01199
Bill, I don't have time to look into this to any extent right now. I'll check back in later. Full Frame is an insurance Program (offering) by Insurance Canopy (I believe), and the insurance is provided by Fortegra Insurance. Customer service responds that they are an A- rating in Best financial ratings. That's ok, but I would like to learn a little more about them. A red flag to me is that they are not admitted to do business under Massachusetts or New York, two of the tougher states for insurance regulation. The $99 splashed on the FF website is apparently only for liability coverage. Equipment is extra.

I'll be back in touch.

Richard.

by Richard B. on Tue May 19, 2020 8:59 pm
Richard B.
Lifetime Member
Member #:01199
Phew, it's a lot more difficult to get information now that i am no longer in business. The best rating of A- is the minimum financial rating that I would accept when I was in business. And I would have preferred a higher rating if I had a choice. But A- going up, steady, or going down, I don't know. Also I don't know their premium size so it's hard to judge within the field.

I would make contact with your state's insurance department and ask about the company's financial rating and ask about any records of complaints or actions by the dept. against the company.

Also, if you are an amateur, your homeowners carrier may be willing to provide coverage under your homeowners policy. That is how I buy my equipment coverage. Caveats in doing that - if you travel a lot, make sure your coverage will follow you to other countries; don't put in an excessive number of claims for equipment or you may end up having your homeowners policy cancelled; and the homeowner policy does not provide any business liability coverage (lawsuit) for any business type activity even if just casual.

Hope this is of some help. Maybe somebody with actual claims experience will chime in.

Richard

by Bill Chambers on Thu May 21, 2020 4:57 pm
Bill Chambers
Forum Contributor
Thanks so much, Richard for the info, and for the suggestion of contacting Florida's Insurance Department. I will certainly do that.

I can't add it to my homeowners policy as I've gone full time pro now, but NANPA's price seems kinda high, so I'm just looking around.

Thanks for your help.
Please visit my web site, simply nature - Photographic Art by Bill Chambers
Bill Chambers
Milton, Florida

4 posts |