Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by OntPhoto on Fri May 15, 2020 6:35 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Forgot my Gitzo at home so brought the lightweight tripod.  Legs were not splayed fully and a leg may not have been tightened. Over to the side flops the 500 + 1.4.  Dirt on side of camera.  The 1.4x can’t come off.  

1.4x won’t turn.  I can still take a photo.  Camera looks to be ok.  I just mounted another lens on the camera and it is fine.  Lens seems to be ok and focuses.  

Any idea how to get the 1.4x off the 500 lens?  Obviously that teleconverter locking mechanism isn't working.  The fall must have dne something to it.  

I would like to send the 1.4x in for repair when shops reopen.  And not have to send it in with the lens stuck to it.

by Neilyb on Sat May 16, 2020 6:05 am
Neilyb
Forum Contributor
Sorry to hear that. Only thing I would think of is some very light tapping of the area around the pin, like with the handle of a screw driver. Otherwise I think it is a job for Canon.

by OntPhoto on Sat May 16, 2020 7:30 am
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Neilyb wrote:Sorry to hear that. Only thing I would think of is some very light tapping of the area around the pin, like with the handle of a screw driver. Otherwise I think it is a job for Canon.
Thanks.  Whenever Canon Canada reopens, will send it in.  I could try Sun Camera but they are closed as well.  

3 posts |