Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by Robert Sabin on Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:00 pm
Robert Sabin
Forum Contributor
Went on a Photo Shoot for Roseate Spoonbills in near Chest high salt water. The idiot did not rinse off tripod, Gitzo 1548
Carbon fiber tripod,and a couple of months later went to use it. Frozen legs. Tried soap and water, Blaster, wrench, Torch, hair dryer,
etc. Zero effect.
Finally, I Poured One Gallon of white Vinegar(5%) Acetic acid in a pail. Soaked bottom legs for 4 hours, unfroze them, Had one stubborn leg left, soaked for addition 6 hours, Presto, All Legs Are Fine.

Upshot: Soak legs(Submerge in White Vinegar overnite...Presto Done.

Robert Sabin

by photoman4343 on Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:38 am
photoman4343
Forum Contributor
Robert, do you have any plans to replace or service those plastic bushings or sleeves that are part of the leg assembly twist lock system on Gitzo carbon fiber tripods?

I may need to service my carbon fiber Gitzo tripods but do not know enough to know what parts to look for or buy. I am betting that there are some experts who can provide us with more info. See the link below for some general info on tripod maintenance.

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/0 ... ur-tripod/

Joe
Joe Smith

by Robert Sabin on Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:27 am
Robert Sabin
Forum Contributor
photoman4343 wrote:Robert, do you have any plans to replace or service those plastic bushings or sleeves that are part of the leg assembly twist lock system on Gitzo carbon fiber tripods?

I may need to service my carbon fiber Gitzo tripods but do not know enough to know what parts to look for or buy. I am betting that there are some experts who can provide us with more info. See the link below for some general info on tripod maintenance.

https://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/0 ... ur-tripod/

Joe

Joe, Gitzo sells complete bushing kits for your model tripod. little plastic packs with all the bushings. 

Robert

3 posts |