Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 10 posts | 
by neverspook on Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:18 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
Just wondering if anyone has tried the Flex Shooter Pro ballhead https://store.naturescapes.net/flex-line-flexshooter-pro-ballhead/

Would love to know your experience of it if you have tried it. And am wondering how it compares to the Uniqball  in quality and ease of operation. https://store.naturescapes.net/uniqball-ubh45xc-ballhead-with-x-cross-clamp/

Thanks,
Roberta Olenick
Vancouver BC
www.neverspook.com

by Joel Eade on Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:31 am
Joel Eade
Forum Contributor
I have the Flex Shooter Pro and really like it. I have used it with several lenses up to 600mm and it works quite well. It is smaller and lighter than a traditional gimbal and is well made. It is simple to operate and functions as advertised. I used it on my trip to Ecuador and noticed there was more than one other workshop participant also using them. No complaints at all. I have no experience with the Uniqball.

by rajandesai on Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:46 am
rajandesai
Forum Contributor
Member #:01263
I am with Joel. Love my flex shooter that I have been using for more than a year now.
I like the fact that I don’t have to carry 2 separate ball heads these days.

It is an improved version of unique all, IMHO. As far as I understand one of the creators of uniqueball separated and created this product. 

by Gary Irwin on Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:55 pm
Gary Irwin
Forum Contributor
From the Naturescapes site...
"For medium and large sized lenses and cameras with a max load of 100 lbs...."

From B&H...
"Designed for small to medium lens and camera combinations"

I think B&H has it right.

FWIW I sold all my ballheads and gimble for a "do-everything" Manfrotto MVH501AH fluid head and Kirk MVH500-BQRV2 Arca-swiss mounting plate which works for landscapes, wildlife w/600mm f4 and video work. It needs a levelling base though.
Gary Likes Nature.

by Scott Fairbairn on Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:24 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
I have experience with the Uniqball, but the Flexshooter looks like it has the same complaint I have with the Uniqball. I don't like the small lever for locking the large ball. It works ok, but with gloves in cold weather, I find it small and fiddly to work with.

by neverspook on Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:07 am
neverspook
Forum Contributor
Thanks, everyone.

For some reason I am not getting notification via email when responses were made to this post. I used to get such notifications. Is there some setting I need to change?

Thanks,
Roberta

by Richard B. on Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:00 am
Richard B.
Lifetime Member
Member #:01199
Here's a link to a pretty good discussion of the head. He has a purchase link in the article but as you mentioned, it is available here on naturescapes.

https://www.guyedwardes.com/articles/vi ... pro-review

by SantaFeJoe on Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:48 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
neverspook wrote:Thanks, everyone.

For some reason I am not getting notification via email when responses were made to this post. I used to get such notifications. Is there some setting I need to change?

Thanks,
Roberta
Hi Roberta
Go to “Board Preferences” after clicking on “Edit Profile” at the top of the page when signed in. Then click on “Edit Posting Defaults” and then you can click on “Yes” by the “Notify Me By Default” options.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Wildflower-nut on Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:36 pm
Wildflower-nut
Forum Contributor
I Have used both. I can't remember why but I prefer the original.

by neverspook on Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:22 am
neverspook
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote:
neverspook wrote:Thanks, everyone.

Thanks,
Roberta
Hi Roberta
Go to “Board Preferences” after clicking on “Edit Profile” at the top of the page when signed in. Then click on “Edit Posting Defaults” and then you can click on “Yes” by the “Notify Me By Default” options.

Joe
That is already toggled on to Yes and am still not getting notifications....

10 posts |