All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by calvin1calvin on Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:10 pm
calvin1calvin
Forum Contributor
Member #:00184
Not sure if this is the proper forum for this topic.  I am trying to update the firmware in my Nikon D850 and D500 cameras.  I went to the website and downloaded the windows version of the file.  When I go to my download folder and try to open the folder with the update it will not open.  I know the process of opening the folder and loading to a formatted card and then having the camera do the firmware update.  I am just having an issue with opening the contents of the folder on the computer.  I have tried to save to the desktop and then open.  Rename to another location and then open.  Save and open option is the last attempt.  This file will not open so I can see the root directory for the copy to the card.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:36 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
The D850 download is an EXE file.  After downloading it simply go to your downloads folder and double click on the F-D850-V110W.exe file.  When you do that it creates a new folder in your downloads folder called D850Update.  In that folder is a .bin file (D850_0110.bin).  That's the file you copy to a memory card and insert into the camera to update the FW.

The Mac process is similar but it's a DMG file rather than a EXE file.

2 posts |