Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Fri Jan 24, 2020 10:23 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
I wrote on another thread here that photo site writers must either be bored, desperate for topics to write about, or have deadlines to meet. Here is one of the latest examples:

https://fstoppers.com/film/film-isnt-vegan-why-you-should-potentially-reconsider-shooting-it-if-you-care-448606

I guess I must be just as bored to post it here!!!

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by AForns on Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:58 am
AForns
Lifetime Member
Member #:00233
It did get to be a problem, I know the Kodak site was a mess to clean up with all the spilled chemicals !!

You know how it goes, I once heard the use of gasoline/cars saved cities from horse crap contamination :). btw I do miss film, the process, cameras etc but I have to admit the results with digital are light years ahead.
Alfred Forns
NSN 0233

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Jan 26, 2020 10:19 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
As a person who is extremely sensitive to chemical odors, I can relate to the idea that film is toxic to some. I can't put a film camera anywhere near my face-I wouldn't be taking photos if I had to use film. I still remember the strong odors coming out of my grandfather's basement development shop. (Didn't bother me then, but who knows?) I didn't read the article, but the title triggered this reaction, so speak. I think we all have to be conscious of what we are using, how it was made, and how we dispose of it. Exit soapbox.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

3 posts |