Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by RichardMittleman/Gon2Foto on Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:38 pm
RichardMittleman/Gon2Foto
Forum Contributor
Thinking about renting a Sony body and lens. I'm in Southern California. Never rented before.
Any recommendations
http://www.gon2foto.net (current site)   
The grandeur of nature is God's glory.

by ricardo00 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:49 pm
ricardo00
Forum Contributor
RichardMittleman/Gon2Foto wrote:Thinking about renting a Sony body and lens. I'm in Southern California. Never rented before.
Any recommendations

I have rented from Borrow Lenses several times and have been happy with them (though haven't tried others).  They do have a pickup location in Burbank, so you could get the gear there?  Also some local camera stores rent as well.  Good luck on your renting/testing the Sony system.

https://www.borrowlenses.com/?g_acctid= ... gIq5_D_BwE

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:11 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I usually use LensRentals.com but I believe Samy's right in your area has equipment rentals...

by calvin1calvin on Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:58 am
calvin1calvin
Forum Contributor
Member #:00184
I have used Borrow Lenses and the equipment was in good condition and the rental policies were reasonable. Make sure you read the rental agreement and I would recommend purchasing insurance with your rental, lastly and I could be wrong about this, you need the "space" on your credit card for the value of the equipment. Good luck. FYI, I was on a photo workshop and one of the participants had rented a lens that got dropped and shattered the front element and they had not purchased the renter insurance. Found out later that he had to pay for the replacement of the lens due to it not being repairable.

by Rocky Sharwell on Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:24 am
Rocky Sharwell
Lifetime Member
Member #:00054
Been super pleased with lens rentals.com
Rocky Sharwell

5 posts |