All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Scott Fairbairn on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:27 am
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this lens. It's one of their earlier efforts and my impression is that it's not at the same level as their newer lenses(I believe Roger at lensrentals.com said he disliked the lens, but I don't recall why). However, DXO rates sharpness as very high, so maybe it's a better lens than I've heard?
Does anyone have experience and thoughts with this lens?
thank you
Scott

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:48 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
It's an excellent lens, it's just not quite as good as the Nikon 70-200E or the new EOS-R 70-200, but other than that, it's an excellent lens.

by Jess Lee on Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:38 pm
Jess Lee
Forum Contributor
Scott Fairbairn wrote:I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this lens. It's one of their earlier efforts and my impression is that it's not at the same level as their newer lenses(I believe Roger at lensrentals.com said he disliked the lens, but I don't recall why). However, DXO rates sharpness as very high, so maybe it's a better lens than I've heard?
Does anyone have experience and thoughts with this lens?
thank you
Scott

I believe Rodgers big issue was out of 10 lenses there was a huge sample variation in lens quality. It seems to be a big rub with Sony lenses in general. I am hoping Sigma’s continued growth will help Sony do more with their lens quality.
Jess
Photos have a story to tell.
Photo Workshops

Western Images

by GregCromie on Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:00 pm
GregCromie
Forum Contributor
The folks over at ShotKit.com gave it a pretty good review. They were impressed with the image sharpness and the quick AF. Check it out here.

https://shotkit.com/sony-70-200mm-f-2-8-gm-review/

4 posts |