Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Craig Lipski on Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:39 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
Member #:00495
Probably a dumb question, but these 500 pg owner's manuals overwhelm me, so if anyone knows off the top of your head. . . .
I have a Canon 1DIV and a 5DIV.  I have the cameras set up to record all shots to both cards.  I'll pull the CF, copy it to a folder with the day's date, cull that folder, and then go delete the culls from the CF; of course the files are also on the SD in the camera.  In camera, I can reformat, but is there an easy way to "synch" the cards to free up the space on the SD that I deleted from the CF?

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:08 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Craig Lipski wrote:Probably a dumb question, but these 500 pg owner's manuals overwhelm me, so if anyone knows off the top of your head. . . .
I have a Canon 1DIV and a 5DIV.  I have the cameras set up to record all shots to both cards.  I'll pull the CF, copy it to a folder with the day's date, cull that folder, and then go delete the culls from the CF; of course the files are also on the SD in the camera.  In camera, I can reformat, but is there an easy way to "synch" the cards to free up the space on the SD that I deleted from the CF?
I don't believe any camera manufacturer offers that capability,

by Craig Lipski on Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:39 pm
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
Location: The bustling metropolis of Fowlerville, Michigan, and the Texas Lower Rio Grande Valley
E.J. Peiker wrote:
Craig Lipski wrote:Probably a dumb question, but these 500 pg owner's manuals overwhelm me, so if anyone knows off the top of your head. . . .
I don't believe any camera manufacturer offers that capability,

Thanks, E.J.
Seems lIke an easy no-brainer to me, but I guess better brains than mine figure otherwise. . . .

by aolander on Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:15 pm
aolander
Forum Contributor
Why do you want to keep the images on the cards anyway? If you copy them to your computer and back them up, then format your cards.
Alan Olander
Minnesota

by Craig Lipski on Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:48 am
Craig Lipski
Forum Contributor
aolander wrote:Why do you want to keep the images on the cards anyway?  If you copy them to your computer and back them up, then format your cards.
Simply as a backup until I backup my pc to an external drive - laziness, I guess.

5 posts |