« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 15 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:45 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Apparently Canon Australia leaked two videos of new cameras. The videos were pulled, but there’s a link to the videos here:

https://www.dpreview.com/news/4098350289/canon-australia-shares-accidental-first-look-at-eos-m6-mark-ii-eos-90d-cameras

https://petapixel.com/2019/08/19/canon-eos-m6-mark-ii-leaked-32-5mp-sensor-4k-video-30fps-raw-burst/

https://petapixel.com/2019/08/19/canon-90d-promo-video-leaked-32-5mp-sensor-10fps-4k-video/

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Mike in O on Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:23 am
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
Neat that the d90 will 10 fps (albeit without continuous AF)

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:57 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
90D not D90 - that was a Nikon camera ;)
It has been reported for a while that Canon is going to consolidate the 7D and DXX line into a single camera so the 10FPS makes perfect sense.

The leak here may have been strategic to get ahead of the Aug 29 Sony announcement which is speculated to be a pro level APS-C camera.

But then again, all of it is rumor and speculation until there is an official announcement. We generally ahve taken down rumor threads but I'm letting this one stand as the DPReview posting it indicates the leaks are legitimate. They absolutely would not post something that isn't real due to their relationships with the various manufacturers. They almost never repost rumor site stuff unless it is well vetted.

by WJaekel on Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:35 am
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
...It has been reported for a while that Canon is going to consolidate the 7D and DXX line into a single camera so the 10FPS makes perfect sense....
It's in fact the big question if the 90D is a solid successor of the 7D II, too, instead of the "true" 7D III many were hoping for in the past - or if it's rather a boosted 80D. Not sure if the 10 FPS are with full AF tracking in continuous Servo AF (the say "AF fixed/tracking" in the promo vid). Provided the vid is authentic, they also skipped the very useful lever next to the joystick and the rear multi-function wheel looks somewhat smaller and downgraded too me. Apart from that the features seem to be more advanced, of course.  We will see. Anyway, it will be interesting how noise and DR compares. All that will be important for the decision to "upgrade" from a 7D II for wildlife shooting -or wait for an advanced mirrorless version instead.

Wolfgang

by WJaekel on Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:04 am
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
Evidentally more infos from Canon on the specs here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8seA9 ... 0gsBZ/view

Wolfgang

by OntPhoto on Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:57 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Disappointed no CF slots. Thank goodness I didn’t get any 256 GB cards. But 2 x 128 GB that I can only use on the 7D MK2

by Neilyb on Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:51 am
Neilyb
Forum Contributor
From the video where they show weather sealing it does look like the 90D has a single card slot sized cover? Cannot see any info on this.but a single card slot? Canon really do not listen. This is a dying breed of camera. A bad swan song.

I also hope they do not use this sensor wafer for a full-frame camera :o that would be 80MP :o

by Gary Irwin on Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:03 am
Gary Irwin
Forum Contributor
So Canon finally responded to Nikon's D500...took them a while. That's a lot of tiny pixels. It will be interesting to see how that sensor performs in low light and what Canon has been working on all this time. In the coming months it will be very interesting, I think, to compare how the best DX DSLR's in the world fair against the upcoming APS-C mirrorless bodies that are expected to be announced shortly. Let the games begin.  :D
Gary Likes Nature.

by Scott Fairbairn on Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:19 pm
Scott Fairbairn
Forum Contributor
Member #:00437
I'm not sure where they are going with the M line. It seems like a dead-end to me. The 90D seems a bit pedestrian to me as well. I felt a bit sad selling off my canon gear, but I grew tired of waiting for the cameras I want.

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:37 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
OntPhoto wrote:Disappointed no CF slots.  Thank goodness I didn’t get any 256 GB cards.  But 2 x 128 GB that I can only use on the 7D MK2
There will never be another camera made with CF slots from any manufacturer.  That technology was obsolete 10 years ago.

by Neilyb on Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:40 am
Neilyb
Forum Contributor
Gary Irwin wrote:So Canon finally responded to Nikon's D500...took them a while. That's a lot of tiny pixels. It will be interesting to see how that sensor performs in low light and what Canon has been working on all this time. In the coming months it will be very interesting, I think, to compare how the best DX DSLR's in the world fair against the upcoming APS-C mirrorless bodies that are expected to be announced shortly. Let the games begin.  :D
If it has a single card slot then it is not even on a level with the D500 (which also has a QXD slot ) let alone the fact it is not up to the APS-C offerings from Sony, and they are about to announce newer bodies. Canon are still building 2016 cameras. 

by WJaekel on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:29 am
WJaekel
Forum Contributor
Neilyb wrote:
Gary Irwin wrote:So Canon finally responded to Nikon's D500...took them a while. That's a lot of tiny pixels. It will be interesting to see how that sensor performs in low light and what Canon has been working on all this time. In the coming months it will be very interesting, I think, to compare how the best DX DSLR's in the world fair against the upcoming APS-C mirrorless bodies that are expected to be announced shortly. Let the games begin.  :D
If it has a single card slot then it is not even on a level with the D500 (which also has a QXD slot ) let alone the fact it is not up to the APS-C offerings from Sony, and they are about to announce newer bodies. Canon are still building 2016 cameras. 
It obviously has a dual SD slot, see Tony Northrup's vid  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka7u5HuM2EY @ 2:46. We will know for sure by next week.

Wolfgang

by Neilyb on Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:58 am
Neilyb
Forum Contributor
OK, I rarely bother with that particular channel. From the weather sealing diagram the card slot door looks small, like that of the 70/80D. I expect we will not wait long to find out.

by OntPhoto on Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:25 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
OntPhoto wrote:Disappointed no CF slots.  Thank goodness I didn’t get any 256 GB cards.  But 2 x 128 GB that I can only use on the 7D MK2
There will never be another camera made with CF slots from any manufacturer.  That technology was obsolete 10 years ago.
Thanks for that info.

Then I plan to use the heck out of the CF cards I invested in until I can no longer  :)  These Sandisk CF cards never go bad.  I have used CF cards for about 18 years and only one has gone bad and that was my fault. Every other CF card I own still works.  They are sturdy. 

by Neilyb on Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:25 am
Neilyb
Forum Contributor
WJaekel wrote:
Neilyb wrote:
It obviously has a dual SD slot, see Tony Northrup's vid  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka7u5HuM2EY @ 2:46. We will know for sure by next week.

Wolfgang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWmCeRfV5W0

At around 3:58 they now show 1x SD card. :o 

15 posts |