Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
by neverspook on Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:22 am
neverspook
Forum Contributor
For years I have used Aquatech Soft Caps as a front lens cap for all my big glass.

https://store.naturescapes.net/aquatech-soft-caps-for-canon-and-nikon-lenses/

I love these. They work perfectly and far better than the wimpy covers that Nikon and Canon provide.

Sadly, these Aquatech Soft Caps have been discontinued. I am looking for one to fit a Nikon 200-400 f4 VR lens. If anyone knows of a local camera store where they live that still has any of these or if you have one you want to sell, I'm interested!

Maybe NSN needs to make something like this. :)

Other than the Aquatech and the Don Zeck caps, what other options are these for lens caps for big glass to replace the awkward ones they come with?

Thanks,
Roberta Olenick
www.neverspook.com

by adamsti on Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:51 am
adamsti
Forum Contributor
neverspook wrote:For years I have used Aquatech Soft Caps as a front lens cap for all my big glass.

I love these. They work perfectly and far better than the wimpy covers that Nikon and Canon provide.

Sadly, these Aquatech Soft Caps have been discontinued. I am looking for one to fit a Nikon 200-400 f4 VR lens. If anyone knows of a local camera store where they live that still has any of these or if you have one you want to sell, I'm interested!

Other than the Aquatech and the Don Zeck caps, what other options are these for lens caps for big glass to replace the awkward ones they come with?

Thanks,
Roberta Olenick
www.neverspook.com

I have been looking for one for the 300mm f/2.8 Nikon also. I used Pyrex plastic covers that fit my old Canon 500 and 300 perfectly. Unfortunately the Nikon glass is smaller diameter and they don't fit.
http://www.timadamsphotography.com

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:15 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
neverspook wrote:For years I have used Aquatech Soft Caps as a front lens cap for all my big glass.

Thanks,
Roberta Olenick
www.neverspook.com
What are the diameters of the ones you are looking for Roberta?

by Richard B. on Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:00 am
Richard B.
Lifetime Member
Member #:01199
I have seen some plastic covers, such as oatmeal container covers, fit some lenses. You might find something to fit in the cereal aisle.

Richard

by neverspook on Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:52 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
Richard B. wrote:I have seen some plastic covers, such as oatmeal container covers, fit some lenses. You might find something to fit in the cereal aisle.

Richard

LOL. I'll check my pantry.

by neverspook on Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:01 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:

Thanks,
Roberta Olenick
www.neverspook.com
What are the diameters of the ones you are looking for Roberta?
According to Aquatech, the one I need is the ASCN-3 for the Nikon 200-400 f4. At least that is what it says I need for the VRII version and I am assuming/hoping the original version which I have is the same. Aquatech's website does not give the actual dimension.
I have the ASCC-3 for the Canon 300 f2.8 and Canon 200-400 but it is too big to fit the Nikon 200-400 so I guess the configuration of the parts surrounding the front element differ between the two brands. I tried to measure the Nikon 200-400 but I am not able to be too precise without touching the front element.

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:10 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
An ASCN-3 is in the mail to you :D

by neverspook on Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:54 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:An ASCN-3 is in the mail to you :D
Thanks a million for that, EJ! I owe one.

8 posts |