« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:10 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Based on the L-mount and for the first time, a traditional Bayer sensor:
https://www.dpreview.com/news/6719748669/sigma-announces-ultra-compact-fp-l-mount-camera-teases-full-frame-foveon-sensor

A short video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5e580-K2z8

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:11 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
I guess the new 45mm f/2.8 lens will be a good match for this camera but I can't imagine mounting any other of the extremely huge L-mount lenses on this little camera.

by DChan on Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:14 pm
DChan
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:I guess the new 45mm f/2.8 lens will be a good match for this camera but I can't imagine mounting any other of the extremely huge L-mount lenses on this little camera.
Sooner or later, people would realize that at the very least they need that grip for the camera.

by Neilyb on Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:02 am
Neilyb
Forum Contributor
I wonder how the heck you are suppoed to carry this? No sign of any hand grip and it is tiny. I am guessing there will be a load of add-ons.
"The fp is no slouch in the video department, either. It supports 12-bit UHD 4K/24p CinemaDNG video and offers a waveform monitor" sounds like it will be a great video camera (the video hints heavily at that) but without a flippy screen? How long before the overheating begins (does look like there are ventilation gaps behind the screen top and sides) ? ;)

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:15 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Neilyb wrote:I wonder how the heck you are suppoed to carry this? No sign of any hand grip and it is tiny. I am guessing there will be a load of add-ons.
"The fp is no slouch in the video department, either. It supports 12-bit UHD 4K/24p CinemaDNG video and offers a waveform monitor" sounds like it will be a great video camera (the video hints heavily at that) but without a flippy screen?  How long before the overheating begins (does look like there are ventilation gaps behind the screen top and sides) ? ;)
It is a totally modular system with lots of add-ons.  One of the add on modules is a hand grip.

by Neilyb on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:40 am
Neilyb
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
Neilyb wrote:I wonder how the heck you are suppoed to carry this? No sign of any hand grip and it is tiny. I am guessing there will be a load of add-ons.
"The fp is no slouch in the video department, either. It supports 12-bit UHD 4K/24p CinemaDNG video and offers a waveform monitor" sounds like it will be a great video camera (the video hints heavily at that) but without a flippy screen?  How long before the overheating begins (does look like there are ventilation gaps behind the screen top and sides) ? ;)
It is a totally modular system with lots of add-ons.  One of the add on modules is a hand grip.
So long as they do not charge along Apple's lines for bits you actually need :)

6 posts |